Just finished watching an older Intervention about a guy addicted to crack. Addictions are just gut-wrenching. The person who is addicted would rather not be in the state they are in, but usually due to pain and trauma and sometimes just a lack of will power, they get stuck. And to see someone get help, get life back in their face and then relapse, the families just must lose their freakin' minds. It's a shit roller-coaster. I see addiction in the eyes everyday of someone I love. Someone who I know is masking the pain they are in by doing something, anything to not think about it. Really just breaks the heart to see how isolated and destructive people can be when their brain continues to allow them to get stuck on repeat. I really wish society would look deeper at people with addictive personalities and realize that they are in pain and most of the time there is something else going on, whether it be manic depression, anxiety, etc. They can't get past something or their brain won't let them and it cycles. I don't think anyone would chose to live that way, but what do I know?
About Me

- Name: RedHeadGo!
- Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Birding, music, travel, photography, life of a red head.
Previous Posts
- I'm not super with it right now, drove about four ...
- Posted a few pics from Epcot on the post on the 25...
- I guess I'm in a time machine mood right now. Hav...
- I'm going to try and convince the husband to do so...
- I'm a hot mess right now. I think the FDA does a...
- I went into a nostalgia mode tonight. Maybe due t...
- Ever have one of those days where something doesn'...
- I never really thought I was a nerd when I was you...
- So glad to be back home although today was very st...
- What a fun travel week! Four+ hours on a bus inst...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home