RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008


Updated some pictures below from Norfolk and Richmond (3/31). Got back from Charleston yesterday and just glad to be home. We went for my folks, since they love it there and is close enough to where we live that it wasn't a huge ordeal. My husband doesn't exactly "travel well," prefers the comforts of home, but he wasn't too bad on the trip. We had the most fun on Saturday, walked on Folly Beach and I found an intact sand dollar (wasn't alive). That night we met my folks for dinner and then my husband and I split out and walked around the market, went to the park, watched some birds, was good stuff. Is one of those trips where you just really want to get home and the driving kind of wears on you. You are driving for an hour and have two left, than another hour and then every 15 minutes seems to take forever. We also didn't eat lunch and got back around 3pm so my nerves were good and shot. My parents enjoyed themselves, that was the most important part and the reason we went, so that's all that matters. It was real interesting sitting in the car with my dad in the passenger seat. He told me a lot of stories about the old days, DC after the riots, lots of historic stuff. When I was younger I couldn't care less, but as I've gotten older and have a living relative who was alive during segregation, during the assassination of a President, was like a history lesson and was grateful for that memory. His mind is amazing, is able to recall so much. I have no idea where I get my completely brain-dead after two seconds mind, but not from his side.

So, for now, I'm on a snack mission and will leave you with a Yellow Crowned Night Heron we saw in Charleston. Night.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home