RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Today has been a weird day. My plane this morning was delayed due to bathroom smell. I'm totally serious. I heard the pilot say to the gate agent that the plane reeked because of the bathroom. My stupid brain booked a flight around 9:20am, not realizing that today is day 1 of daylight savings and would mean we'd have to technically get up earlier than we thought. Was bad enough getting up early on a Sunday then delayed for a half hour because someone stunk up the bathroom.

So, I get to BWI and get my car and I turn on the radio to not one, not two but three Pearl Jam songs. Anyone who knew me in high school knew that I was Pearl Jam obsessed. Saw them eight times, had like 12 shirts, even wore a necklace bearing the name Vedder. Yes, when you say obsessive teenager, that was me with that band. So I'm driving through MD listening to Pearl Jam. Granted when I was in high school I didn't drive, so this was all just a very weird experience today. Hearing songs that I used to not be able to live without, driving around on my old turf. I'm sure if I had a license back then, it would be ever weirder since I could connect the dots even more.

So, now I'm sitting in my room, the room I grew up in and I got an e-mail from one of my buddies from high school. He was a grade ahead of me, but we hung out a lot during lunch and found out our paths have crossed a few times as far as where we both settled. So, sitting in my old room, thoughts of Pearl Jam in my head, looking at older pictures on my wall of PJ Harvey, Pigface and Alice in Chains. Feel like I'm in an alternative universe.

Is always nice to go home again. See people and places that you carry so many memories. I look around my room and see these crazy stickers from bands I manged back in high school, yearbooks on my shelf, the punk rock Ken doll I made, demo tapes, old stuffed animals and hockey cards. Look at pieces of furniture in my room and remember who sat in the chair or who I did "things" with in my room. Being an adult is just really weird sometimes, this is one of them. I sit here and have a home to come back to in NC, but I still consider this home. It's going to be traumatic when my parents move out of this house, so many ghosts and memories.

I wonder if they'll start playing some Lemonheads and Screaming Trees on the radio tomorrow and freak me out just a little bit more. Is funny what a difference a week makes. Last week my head was about to explode, today I'm filled with good vibes and happy memories. Til' next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home