RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So, The Police show. Besides Sting looking like he was seriously going to ralph after a chorus of "eos," couldn't really tell he had the flu. All I can say is Stewart Copeland is a drum god. I always respected his style and I knew drummers had a hard on for him, but now I see why. The percussion he performed was just spectacular, timpani, zylophone, bells, it was great stuff. Here is the set list:

1) Message in a Bottle
2) Synchronicity II
3) Walking on the Moon
4) When the World is Running Down...
5) Don't Stand So Close to Me
6) Driven to Tears
7) Hole in my Life
8) Truth Hits Everybody
9) Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
10) Wrapped Around Your Finger
11) De do do do, de da....
12) Invisible Son
13) Walking in your Footsteps
14) Can't Stand Losing You
Encore: Roxanne, King of Pain, So Lonely, Every Breath You Take, Next to You

The songs I knew were great (90%), except "Don't Stand so Close to Me," was actually really boring live for some reason. I remember "So Lonely" and "Every Little Thing..." were very energetic and remember those songs specifically (my short term memory is really ass). And yes, I was really close in the cost of the tour shirts, for a mere $35 we will remember the tour with a shirt. At least it came in a cool plastic Police bag :)

Other than that, getting ready to trek home for the holiday, will be nice to get out of here for a few days and head north. I'm always heading south these days. Supposed to go downtown on Friday if we aren't freezing our arses off (supposed to be in the 40's).

There is this absolutely insane story in the news right now about a teenager girl who thought she was talking to a teenage boy on My Space. They developed this friendship and in the mind of a 13 year old girl, I'm sure she thought they were boyfriend/girlfriend. They talked after school and this boy made this girl who was having some weight and emotional problems feel more self-confident. One day the boy asks her why she is mean to her friends and in typical 13 year-old girl style, she freaks out. Unfortunately her freak out resulted in her suicide. If that isn't bad enough, turns out this wasn't a boy at all, but the PARENTS of a former friend of hers who wanted to know why she was treating their daughter differently. What an absolutely horrible story, here is the link from Missouri where it happened.

I've heard the new generation of parents being called "Helicopter" because they monitor and involve themselves in every second of their children's lives. I've heard of parents showing up on job interviews, calling professors and really fighting battles their kids need to learn to fight. I even heard our local school district has a website where parents can continuously check the grades of their children and if they did their homework. Holy Smothering Parent, Batman! But this My Space thing is so far over the line. Those parents mentally invaded this girls mind. They are not a 14 boy who looks like Beetlejuice and tries to pawn himself off as Brad Pitt, they are freakin' adults. I know kids lie on their all the time, and I'm sure adults do too, however, adults with children of their own making up a profile and getting into the head of a teenage girl. It's really appalling. I'm sure they didn't think she would kill herself, and she didn't sound mentally well, however they also have a teenage daughter, and I'm sure they can imagine how this would have effected their own child. I hope they get locked up. Is really just horribly cruel.

With that lovely story, need to finish packing and get ready to fly outtie here tomorrow. Have a great, safe, happy and relaxing holiday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home