
Hello from Mobile, Alabama. Got in a bit earlier today and spent tonight at this absolutely beautiful spot in the the middle of the Gulf, Dauphin Island. I didn't see a lot of bird action since it isn't the time of year for that, however did see a hell of a lot of Pelicans, Gulls and a bird called a Black Skimmer (shown). The drive there is a bit scary, there is this bridge that looks like you are going to go straight up and drop like a roller coaster. After the bridge crapola that happened last week, not real fun. Can't imagine having to drive that in the rain. Blech! Got to go to the beach this time. Gulf beaches kick the assmar out of ocean beaches. Water is much clearer, sand is nice, soft and whiter. Didn't go in the water, just took in some sand.
Did get to watch Hot Fuzz this weekend, was pretty crazy. A little slow in the beginning but got pretty good towards the end. Some nasty, gruesome scenes in there, but funny stuff too. I didn't watch all of Shaun of the Dead, but like the two guys in both of these films. Think we'll be watching the 2nd Bourne movie this weekend.
Was in the car this AM driving to the airport and had one of my embarrassed to have my windows rolled down while the song was loudly playing. This time it was Bridge Over Troubled Water. It is just a beautiful song, but I guess I had that twinge of uncoolness by listening to it with the windows down. I guess I have imagine issues. I prefer to have the windows down listening to something cool, not Simon and Garfunkel, but shit, I really shouldn't care. I just feel better if it's Rollins or All or Fugazi or Slapshot. Something hard and loud and fast.
Well, I need to get to bed, I'm on central time here and have to wake up earlier than normal tomorrow to get this training going at the district here. Nighty night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home