RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, April 15, 2007


I know I've been slacking, and this post is going to be a short one too. Spent the first part of the last week in Orlando and the last part in Jacksonville. I got to hit up two very cool birding sites, Florida Wetlands Park in Christmas, FL and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge near Kennedy Space Center in Titusville, FL. Both were excellent, and got some great pictures. Best two birds would probably be the Purple Gallinule and a Wood Stork. The Coots are damn hilarious little birds too. Was a stressful trip on the work side. It seems like every time I'm in the office it is slow, however when I get on the road everything blows up. Totally sucks.

Well, need to get ready for bed. I'll try and post more this week. Here are the pics I have posted. Up top is a Great Blue Heron. To the right is a Coot. Bottom left is an Anhinga (snakebird) and to the right is a Purple Gallinule, middle is the Wood Stork. I was thinking today that the only time I'm ever really still is when I watch birds. Every other second my mind and body want to be in motion. So, if you ever wonder why I do it, that is why. And because I love animals of course! Take care and good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home