RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Greetings from Mobile, AL! I'm actually have a pretty decent time here. This really isn't what you think of when you think of Alabama. Is on the Gulf and there are some really beautiful places here. Yesterday I headed to Dauphin Island and got to see some awesome birds. I actually saw one of my must see birds, a Cedar Waxwing. I was actually able to see several of them. Extremely skiddish little guys, but beautiful none the less. I also hung out with some Pelicans and saw a Red Breasted Merganser. I also saw this mystery bird that I'm still trying to figure out.

Today was an even better day. First I became an aunt. Congrats to my brother and his wife on the new addition to the family. Greetings LPR! I know my parents must be thrilled, since there is no way my body is popping one out. Then I was driving down the waterway here and I saw one of my must see birds, a Kingfisher! I still am not sure if it was was a Belted, Green or Ringed, but I don't care much! Was freakin' awesome. I pulled to the side of the road and was able to snap some photos from a far. Will post these when I get back home. Has been a great birding trip, I just hope my pictures come out half decent. Have some more chances tomorrow, we shall see!

Well, adios from Mobile. Don't let Alabama fool you, the gulf here is freakin awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home