RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Greetings from Chirpytown. Lots of bird action outside on this very last day of 2006. This year will go down as a pretty bad one for me. So much heartbreak on the professional side of the house and the personal side of the house. Just constant and mind blowing change. There is a line in a Love Spit Love song, "the only thing we know is going to stay the same is change." That is probably a good line to describe 2006. Some of that change hasn't been bad, for example, the changing of the guard in our Congress. Hoping that 2007 will bring about more sanity in our policies and less focus on bowing to religious and special-interest groups.

This year seemed to be about me. Not me personally, but me in the collective me. People seem to be getting more into the whole me, me, me phase this year. Maybe not to the degree of narcissism, but seems like everyone wants to be a super-star. Everyone wants to be famous, a celebrity. Teenagers want their drag race video or the "I drank too much and showed my hooters" or the "look at me, I'm hazing the new guy" video on You Tube or the picture on My Space. All this must make their parents proud. 2006 goes down as one of the worst years for celebrity worship in my book. And we have no one to blame but people who fall into boring media trap. If people would stop caring if Brad and Angelia would get married, or why Baby Surrey hasn't been shown, or if Brittney Spears can't afford underwear, and if they would stop watching E! (except for The Soup) and these ridiculious "entertainment shows" our society would be a bit better off. Maybe we should call them "entrailtainment" shows. How does "Entrailtainment Tonight" sound? Pretty good to me! It is those people who are feeding this absolutely absurd obsession with celebrity. And because of it, they want to be famous, they want to be a part of it. I hope 2007 cuts back on the popularity of reality shows. But I so doubt it because people seem to want to escape actual reality too much. Maybe they should do more shows such as "Dancing with Darfur" or "Ice Skating with the Iraqi War Vet Amputee" or "Global Warming Extreme Makeover"? Maybe people will then lose their taste?

I'm not saying I'm innocent in this. I post about my life, as if it is important enough to post about. But to me, I need to get this stuff out and even if what I spew out of my mouth makes one person think twice, or look something up in a book or on-line it's worth it. I allow certain feelings out in a public forum and I'm not ashamed at any of them. However, I censor myself to a degree on certain subjects that could get me fired or in trouble with the man, I'm not that stupid. But I don't do this all for myself and I certainly don't do it for fame.

Anywho, let's just hope 2007 brings about people using their brains a bit more and paying more attention. If the last election was anything, we are getting there. Have a great New Year's and thanks for reading my inner thoughts this year. Take care and be well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home