RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Finally back from my adventures in Southern TX. As far as the changes that took place this week, all I can say is that America actually was paying attention and thank you for doing your homework. I was very glad to see Mr. Racist Allen not be elected in VA as well as Mr. Douchebag Santorum get his ass booted out in PA. And the new yummy icing on the cake was Rummy resigning, or maybe Bush finally accepting his resignation, whatever story you believe, at least he's gone. I'm not real big on him being replaced by a former head of the CIA, but what can you do?

As far as the trip, I loved the scenery and the wildlife but the "resort" was lacking in a lot of areas (like light and connectivity to the outside world). I will post some of my pics this weekend. Was great to see some bird species I hadn't seen before: Black Bellied Whistling Ducks (which are a hoot), two Egyptian Geese, Dickcissel, Blue-headed Vireo and this large black bird that I can't figure out. Was not a vulture, crow or hawk. Very distinct call. Another mystery. Also saw a skunk, a lot of deer, a bat and a muscrat. So a good trip on the nature front, a bad trip on the sanity piece. I wouldn't mind if there was no connectivity and I was on vacation, but no connectivity when you are on a business trip is not a pleasant thing. I do have to go back to San Antonio in a few weeks, but in the city this time (thank goodness)!

Well, have a good night and again, thank you all for paying attention. As 7 Seconds would say, "we could be the new wind." oh, oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home