Blah. Recovering from a whirlwind travel week(s). Week of the 16th spent Wednesday in Louisville and Thursday PM through Saturday in St. Louis. Spent two nights in my own bed then headed out for Houston. Was supposed to be there Monday PM through Wednesday, but extended the trip due to a last minute investigation that came up. Wednesday night and Thursday travel sucked monkey claws. I got lost getting to the airport hotel on Wednesday night because the signs to go north were totally confusing in the rain and dark and ended up in the city, instead of near the airport. After a near freakout, I got myself back on track.
In the morning it was raining "like the sounds of trains (BTW a good DC band from way back)" and getting to the airport wasn't great, but luckily I was close by. Got to security and a stupid lady in front of me didn't know about the baggy rule, so she held up the line. My advice, if you normally don't fly, please pay attention to what you need to do before you get to the airport. I'm sure Thanksgiving is going to be fun. So, I get to the gate at 8:14am, there is an 8:25am flight I could have jumped on, however it was closed. It actually left on time. My flight at 9:55am was delayed. We boarded almost an hour late. And then the real fun, they go through all the announcements, so you think you are going to take off. Then we sit, and sit and sit. The pilot says "well, due to weather there are 20 to 30 planes ahead of us." 20 to 30? You are telling me that they didn't know this before they boarded the plane? I could understand if we had moved an inch and them wanting to "get in line," but we we sat at our gate. We finally take off and there is a foreign man sitting next to me. I knew his cell phone was on, but I didn't want to argue with him. He first tried putting a huge duffel bag in between his legs as it wouldn't fit under the seat so we helped him with that. While we are in the air, he takes his phone out and puts it to his ear. I tapped and said "no cell phone." He stopped and said he understood. I didn't know what to think. Was he completely ignorant of the rules, or was he trying to kill us? I told myself if he did it again I would call the stewardess. Talk about a stressful trip. If you are going to fly, follow the rules or get off the plane.
So, now I'm home and really not feeling great. Have a few different issues that are going to lead me to the doctor this week. I don't think I'm run down, but maybe I am. The Crohns stuff is starting to come back a bit, which if anyone knows anything about Crohns, makes traveling nightmarish. So, that is my bitch. Onto bigger things...
This thing with Rush and Michael J makes me want to make comments that would guarantee the FBI would come to my house for questioning. Rush needs to overdose or choke on his painkillers and that is my "lite" opinion. The man has absolutely no shred of decency in his body. I hope that he develops a disease such as Parkinsons and can't control his body. Or maybe he can get cancer and will die slowly. A man that is that callous and disgusting should not be allowed to die without suffering. I'm talking natural death here, don't get any ideas. Even if MJF did not take his pills, who gives a shit? He lives with the disease everyday.
This is why science and religion do not mix. Why are people opposed to stem cells? Because they view the embryo as human life. Why do they believe the embryo is human life? Because that is what they have been taught in their churches. An embryo is cells, yes, if allowed to grow the cells may become a human life. However, they are not asking for 8 month old stillborn babies. They are asking to research embryos. The cure to so many diseases may be found in these cells. Why on earth do we allow our legislature to govern by religious values instead of science? It is disgusting. It is valuing cells of something that is not yet a life, versus a life that is already in progress. A life that is trapped in disease. Speak to a person with MS or Parkinsons. See if their life is less valuable than a few cells that haven't even turned into one. I don't see what the problem is? I don't see why people can't open their eyes on this? Stop with the blind faith already and try and make sense of this. This kind of stuff is going to stunt our progress. If we continue to allow our government to allow their religious beliefs to interfere with our progress, we are doomed. It makes me want to move to Europe.
I'll be voting on Wednesday (early since I'll be traveling election day). I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime, for information on candidates, go to:
In the morning it was raining "like the sounds of trains (BTW a good DC band from way back)" and getting to the airport wasn't great, but luckily I was close by. Got to security and a stupid lady in front of me didn't know about the baggy rule, so she held up the line. My advice, if you normally don't fly, please pay attention to what you need to do before you get to the airport. I'm sure Thanksgiving is going to be fun. So, I get to the gate at 8:14am, there is an 8:25am flight I could have jumped on, however it was closed. It actually left on time. My flight at 9:55am was delayed. We boarded almost an hour late. And then the real fun, they go through all the announcements, so you think you are going to take off. Then we sit, and sit and sit. The pilot says "well, due to weather there are 20 to 30 planes ahead of us." 20 to 30? You are telling me that they didn't know this before they boarded the plane? I could understand if we had moved an inch and them wanting to "get in line," but we we sat at our gate. We finally take off and there is a foreign man sitting next to me. I knew his cell phone was on, but I didn't want to argue with him. He first tried putting a huge duffel bag in between his legs as it wouldn't fit under the seat so we helped him with that. While we are in the air, he takes his phone out and puts it to his ear. I tapped and said "no cell phone." He stopped and said he understood. I didn't know what to think. Was he completely ignorant of the rules, or was he trying to kill us? I told myself if he did it again I would call the stewardess. Talk about a stressful trip. If you are going to fly, follow the rules or get off the plane.
So, now I'm home and really not feeling great. Have a few different issues that are going to lead me to the doctor this week. I don't think I'm run down, but maybe I am. The Crohns stuff is starting to come back a bit, which if anyone knows anything about Crohns, makes traveling nightmarish. So, that is my bitch. Onto bigger things...
This thing with Rush and Michael J makes me want to make comments that would guarantee the FBI would come to my house for questioning. Rush needs to overdose or choke on his painkillers and that is my "lite" opinion. The man has absolutely no shred of decency in his body. I hope that he develops a disease such as Parkinsons and can't control his body. Or maybe he can get cancer and will die slowly. A man that is that callous and disgusting should not be allowed to die without suffering. I'm talking natural death here, don't get any ideas. Even if MJF did not take his pills, who gives a shit? He lives with the disease everyday.
This is why science and religion do not mix. Why are people opposed to stem cells? Because they view the embryo as human life. Why do they believe the embryo is human life? Because that is what they have been taught in their churches. An embryo is cells, yes, if allowed to grow the cells may become a human life. However, they are not asking for 8 month old stillborn babies. They are asking to research embryos. The cure to so many diseases may be found in these cells. Why on earth do we allow our legislature to govern by religious values instead of science? It is disgusting. It is valuing cells of something that is not yet a life, versus a life that is already in progress. A life that is trapped in disease. Speak to a person with MS or Parkinsons. See if their life is less valuable than a few cells that haven't even turned into one. I don't see what the problem is? I don't see why people can't open their eyes on this? Stop with the blind faith already and try and make sense of this. This kind of stuff is going to stunt our progress. If we continue to allow our government to allow their religious beliefs to interfere with our progress, we are doomed. It makes me want to move to Europe.
I'll be voting on Wednesday (early since I'll be traveling election day). I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime, for information on candidates, go to:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home