RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Well hello. We are back from our adventure is Crunktown, USA, Snapcity, GA, Leanin' and Rockin', USA or for the L7's... Atlanta, GA. Lemme' say this, I am used to my cities on the smaller packed side, not on the large scale driving for 20 miles and still in the city, cities. Atlanta is the later. I was really impressed by the size of the city and how many damn people live in and around it. I guess that it is why it is the capital of the new south.

The Gorilla Biscuits show was of course long, because we had to sit through 4 horrible bands that called themselves hardcore, but were nothing but 1995 style metal. BORING! One of the lead singers of one of the bands told the audience that they need to appreciate their local hardcore bands more because they work their asses of (to make shitty metal music) and that they play to a bunch of spoiled kids. I got really pissed at this and made my blah, blah, blah gesture. No one told this kid to start a terrible metal band, and I would support the scene in my area if the bands played music I like. Because all these clubs allow smoking (which by the way for a former straight-edge band's reunion show, there were an f of a lot of people smoking in there) going to shows has lost a lot of the fun. We don't have friends so it's not like we can goof around. We just sit and wait and take in the crap air and terrible metal music. I never understood why these hardcore shows always stack the docket. You can never see a hardcore show with two bands. It's not possible. I understand they want to give people a chance, but don't allow 4 metal bands to open a hardcore show. And especially don't preach in my ear when I drove four hours to see the headliner, not you clownshoes.

Anyway, my husband had a good time, going down memory lane with GB. Civ looked great and the band was having a lot of fun. Got some okay pictures with my new camera. They played a Warzone song and pretty much played all their songs (according to my husband, I know little about them). Was worth the trip.

Yesterday we went to Stone Mountain, it is what it says it is, a mountain made of granite. Was freakin cool. There were even some trees growing out of a stone mountain. You take this neat-o lift to the top (where the picture on the right was taken) and then can explore the mountain on your own. The actual park is huge and has a ton of other stuff going on. Unfortunately because we made a stop in what is supposed to be the hip neighborhood (Little 5 Points) we didn't have a lot of time to explore. Maybe we'll go back there one day?

Has been raining pretty much non-stop since yesterday. Mr. Ernesto's bands are going to hit us toni
ght and tomorrow so wish me some luck. Well, need to clean out my car so I can sell the piece of crap tomorrow and get my new ride. Woo-hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home