RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Monday, January 09, 2006

Having an eclectic music day. Listened to Bad Religion, Process of Belief, on the way home from work. Tonight I had to listen to Cassidy, I'm a Hustla' (was in my head all day for unknown reasons) and now I'm getting my groove on to Three6Mafia's One Hitta Quitta. My favorite line from that song, "I'll steal your blood type so they can't transfuse it." Fucking hilarious! Yes, it is brutal and glorifies gang life but shit that beat is HOT! I don't agree with anything that comes out of that groups collective mouths, but I love their backbeats. Now I'm hitting up the Lemonheads and all will be dandy. I got to see Evan Dando once in Georgetown. Played at the Kemp Mill on Wisconsin. He played Ride With Me per my request, was fucking sharp. I have a picture with him and I back at my folks house. Saw Teenage Fanclub at the HMV record store (that was also sweet) with my friend Alex back in 1995 I think. Was supposed to see Julianna Hatfield at the Kemp Mill but was the same day as a Positive Force show in Dupont Circle and I didn't hit the bus cycle right. Had a lot of bands/people I liked come through there. Got to meet Rollins twice thanks to Tower Records in Rockville. Good times. Don't see many in-stores now a days.

So, it sounds like my HR Team may not get increases because of how we performed last year. If that is the case I'm going to be an unhappy crankisaur. Even if they give us a 3% COLA, I'm okay. But if they decide to give us nothing, I'm going to be ramping up my job search. It is bad enough that I can't travel anymore at all and I didn't take this job to be in front of my desk all day, everyday. Once I got used to being a field HR person, it is what I am comfortable doing. I like going to offices and fixing problems. I can do some of that from my desk, but is hard to provide service from behind a telephone.

Mike is worried that I talk too much trash about the burning bush. That the feds are going to track me. Believe me, there are people whose mouths are much more trashy when it comes to Mr. Banana's McGee. Maybe I'll start calling him, "he who cannot be named." Or maybe just Lord Voldemort. And his staff can be the Death Eaters. Wow, that is actually a decent plan. Too bad one of the Death Eaters had to go to the hospital today, talk about karma. If you don't understand my references, you are not a Harry Potter fan, so I apologize in advance for the geekatude.

Well, need to start my workout. Rounding out Buffy Season 3. Goddamn I hate Faith! I miss that show. So witty, so funny, so sad. I'll be taking it easy due to the bronchitis bullshit. Holla!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home