RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Greetings from kickass Ft. Myers Beach, FL. I really like this place. It is so much nicer than a lot of the shitty beaches I've been to in the later part of 2005. It kicks Jacksonville Beach away and is much nicer than the Boca beach. The sand is this awesome soft pillowy goodness (except closer to the water where it is more like cement). There are really neat shops that aren't super-trashy and a lot of the restaurants have live entertainment. Is it a tourist trap, yes, but a safe tourist trap. The water was more typical of the brownish Atlantic, but the sand was awesome. Found some good shells too. Unfortunately though no pelicans. That bummed me out, was really hoping to see some. I saw a few fly over but no dice on any real close. I love the birds in Florida, they are so unique and so different from anything up north. Also got to see the sunset, was awesome. There were so many people around taking pictures and they clapped when the last red wisp folded into the ocean. Got some great pictures that I'll post this weekend.

Had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Sweet tomatoes. A vegetarian paradise. I always end up with this plate that is just a tower of salad. And it is salad for cripes sake, so I overindulged. I stopped really eating iceberg lettuce unless I have to (it is completely nutritionally void) so it is spinach all the way. I had a really shitty lunch (bagel, chips and free 1st class junk) so the salad made my heart say "yay, nutrients, thank you!" And such a damn good dessert, their super-good brownie with low-fat vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Delicious!

I am having all kinds of trouble hooking into my VPN connection (to get into Outlook), so had to use webmail, which doesn't allow you to see any of your folders. I really didn't have too many e-mail's, so that really helps as I was thinking I'd be sitting here catching up all night. I hope tomorrow is a good day for the ee's here, trying to make it festive to celebrate them and their accomplishment.

C-ya lata alligators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home