The nips are finally getting hard here in the Carolina's. After weeks of awesome weather (60's/70's), we dropped about 20 degree's today to the low 50's. It's supposed to be in the 20's tomorrow AM. Weak! Waking up when it is dark is not something my body is real fond of. Just ask my dad who had to constantly open the door and yell at me when I was in high school and had an awful 5:58am wake-up to catch the stupid bus at 6:30am, when school didn't even start until 7:25am. Fucking nonsense. Speaking of HS, reunion is in 9 days. And I am an idiot! I had this lady wax my eyebrows two nights ago and she did them way too thin. Now it looks there is a large chunk missing out of my left brow. I know I should have done this a month ago. Call me dumbass, thank you.
My stomach has been fucked up for almost three weeks now. Went to a doctor finally yesterday and a GI today. They are going to make me do one of those tests where you drink that goo and then they CT scan you to see how it is going down. Fun stuff! I heard him say that this lady was doing the test and puked the stuff up, so I'm doomed! Speaking of fun medical procedures....
You need to read this article/documentary from NPR. The story is just so scary and horrible. Has definitely peaked my interested in lobotomy surgery and I'm going to see if I can find some books on the subject. When I was a intern at the mental hospital in Baltimore I saw Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) peformed twice. It is not as bad as people think and in some cases is definitely does work, once people come out of the haze and sleep for several hours. There was a man (more like a kid, was probably 19 or 20) whose brother died. He could not take it and was severely depressed. I only worked 8 hours a week (usually 2 days) and found out that after a few weeks that started treating him with ECT. Made me pretty sad, but I guess they felt like nothing else was working and they didn't want this kid to kill himself. The two cases I saw, one man and one woman, were also not responding to therapy. The woman got very upset before the treatment, but after it was over and she slept for a while, she started to come around and talk to people. I do miss psychology, a lot. I am going to start looking into some Psy.D programs. The best thing would be for me to find a job at a University, so they would pay for it.
Turns out this employee who I did an investigation on, and they decided to terminate, returned to the office last week and caused a bit of a stir. Myself and the safety person got a bit worked up about it as it sounded like the classic rumblings of workplace violence. We escalated it up and they took some precautions, but man, this morning was intense. Maybe we overreacted, but I personally would rather overreact when someone has a possibility of going postal, then letting it go and hoping for the best.
Alright, need to do a semi-workout. Anyone know how to rid yourself of 20 pounds in a week? Wish I could vomit fat, that would be a good super-power. Or, if you could turn leg fat into boobs, I can't believe they haven't figured that one out. How hard is it to take some of my saddlebags and create some nice hooters? No implants, just your own fat in places you don't want it? What would be cooler would be if you could just grab the fat and put it where you want it. Maybe if we were made out of goo. Someday...
My stomach has been fucked up for almost three weeks now. Went to a doctor finally yesterday and a GI today. They are going to make me do one of those tests where you drink that goo and then they CT scan you to see how it is going down. Fun stuff! I heard him say that this lady was doing the test and puked the stuff up, so I'm doomed! Speaking of fun medical procedures....
You need to read this article/documentary from NPR. The story is just so scary and horrible. Has definitely peaked my interested in lobotomy surgery and I'm going to see if I can find some books on the subject. When I was a intern at the mental hospital in Baltimore I saw Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT) peformed twice. It is not as bad as people think and in some cases is definitely does work, once people come out of the haze and sleep for several hours. There was a man (more like a kid, was probably 19 or 20) whose brother died. He could not take it and was severely depressed. I only worked 8 hours a week (usually 2 days) and found out that after a few weeks that started treating him with ECT. Made me pretty sad, but I guess they felt like nothing else was working and they didn't want this kid to kill himself. The two cases I saw, one man and one woman, were also not responding to therapy. The woman got very upset before the treatment, but after it was over and she slept for a while, she started to come around and talk to people. I do miss psychology, a lot. I am going to start looking into some Psy.D programs. The best thing would be for me to find a job at a University, so they would pay for it.
Turns out this employee who I did an investigation on, and they decided to terminate, returned to the office last week and caused a bit of a stir. Myself and the safety person got a bit worked up about it as it sounded like the classic rumblings of workplace violence. We escalated it up and they took some precautions, but man, this morning was intense. Maybe we overreacted, but I personally would rather overreact when someone has a possibility of going postal, then letting it go and hoping for the best.
Alright, need to do a semi-workout. Anyone know how to rid yourself of 20 pounds in a week? Wish I could vomit fat, that would be a good super-power. Or, if you could turn leg fat into boobs, I can't believe they haven't figured that one out. How hard is it to take some of my saddlebags and create some nice hooters? No implants, just your own fat in places you don't want it? What would be cooler would be if you could just grab the fat and put it where you want it. Maybe if we were made out of goo. Someday...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home