RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

This weekend was a bit interesting. On Saturday we drove a long ways to see a dog at this rescue. Was a Dane/Lab mix named Jackson. We had an appt. at 1:30pm but got there a little bit early. The rescue was really that, most of those dogs had problems, and were kept outside in kennels (they were quite large so they had a lot of room to play and run). We are used to the dogs we play with on the weekends coming from foster homes, this was a lot different. Kind of like a pound, but nicer. So, we get there and the woman thought this other couple that came was actually us, and they had already bonded with Jackson and were going to adopt him. It was a bit annoying, but the dog found a home, which was the most important thing. He was probably the best dog in the place, calm and affectionate. The other dogs were very much packish, not sure if they would do alright by themselves in a home. Oh, well.

Getting nervous about the new house, but went by this weekend again and discovered that it has an extra room we weren't sure about it. Is small, but would be adequate for a computer room. Makes me feel a bit better. The neighborhood was relatively quiet, hoping it stays that way.

Heading to Portland tomorrow. Should be a great time since I've never been there before but always wanted to go. Only there for two days, so I won't be able to see much, but at least I'll get to poop around a little. Should be fun! If I remember to take my digital camera, I'll post some pictures.

Have a good week, depending on the connection, may write from there. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home