RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Today was a weird day at work. First the murderer who we wouldn't re-hire (yes, that is re-hire, back when he was hired he was in a union and we were forbidden from conducting background checks), decides he is getting a lawyer because he thinks it's unfair we won't have him back on our payroll! Then I get a guy who applies and was convicted on felony distribution of cocaine charges who paid a $100,000 fine (!) and served 10 years in jail. The guy might as well just apply at McDonald's because good fucking luck getting a job! He also had a nice use of tazer while committing burglary and another drug charge after that whooper. Once the company says they run background checks, wouldn't you just say, oh, well, don't bother. I guess I'm too hard on the convicts. I'm supposed to be a liberal right? Fuck em. Don't go distributing cocaine and then doing it again with pot. You are obviously a fucking brainiac.

In charge of this mega-survey that is being rolled out. My piece of the pie is about 6K employee's. We are doing good, have about 62% completed. I will be happy if we wind up with 85%. Still have a while to go. That project is making me a bit batty because I have no control over it, except to communicate like a cuckoo bird with my local contacts and push for results. I am incredibly nice, encouraging and optimistic, as I know that's what I would want if someone was riding me.

Think I'm going to start a new exercise plan. Mike got me Buffy Season 1 on Netflix, so I am going to watch an episode and work out at the same time. Before the wedding I was doing this intense walking/running program in the house. Do a half hour of that, some weights and some leg lifts and crunches. Hoping to get rid of this flab by November for my reunion. We shall see. We exercise constantly on the weekends walking around our lakes so we can see our bird friends, but during the week I feel like I'm sitting on my ass all day. At least in college when I ate like a pig, I was at least walking everywhere, not anymore.

We saw so many birds this weekend, was great. Went to one lake and saw what we call our baby. Is a muscovy duck, who we have seen grown up. We are very possessive, it is our baby. For a month or so it's mother seemed to have abondoned it, was very sad. We even thought it may have died because we didn't see it for a while. However on Saturday our baby was hanging out with what have to have been her/his parents. Was a very nice sight to see. We also saw several gooslings who we've also watched grow up. They are huge now! Then we went to our other lake and saw a pair green heron , absolutely beautiful birds, as well as a young Muscovy and her ducklings. I guess we are nerds as I could sit and watch ducks all day. Not really mallards, but Muscovy's. They are just fascinating. I'll post pictures soon.

Here's a site my brother sent me. Is funny as shit. Check it out, Worst Album Covers. Would have to vote for Zip, Zap Rap, God's Power, and Rat On. Pick your fave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home