RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Didn't realize it has been so long since I posted. I'm kind of in this blah state right now where I have all these big ideas and inventions, but not the drive to actually accomplish them. Most of the ideas would require a lot of start up cash, which we don't have, and revolve around either collaborations of people or animals. A few are actually pretty damn solid and there is a big market, I just don't know where to start. I am trying to encourage Mike to take some business classes. I have always wanted to be self-employed, that is never going to go away. Especially now there is so much instability within my department due to a change at the top. Always need to be thinking about the next thing.

One week ago today we were getting ready to meet my parents and brother and his wife back home in Rockville for lunch. Made a decision that the best birthday present I could give myself would be to take my husband and get out of dodge for a few days. We left on Wed. the 25th and came back on the 29th. Had two delicious vegan Chinese meals, (thanks Harmony and Vegetable Garden) and mostly spent time with my family and the outdoors.

On Wednesday we drove up from Dulles to Gettysburg, as we were looking for a side trip since I could not find us a hotel room under $170 back home that night. Luckily Mother Nature was nice to us and it didn't rain when we started our little self-tour around the Cemetary and then drove through the Auto Tour around the battle sites. I had been there a few times, but it always strikes you how many people died there. You can almost picture the bodies on the fields. Whenever you see reminders of war and bloodshed, it always makes me so angry that we are in Iraq. That these so-called leaders of ours, think the lives our of youth are expendable. You already know how I feel about that.

Unfortunately Gettysburg was plauged with hundreds of bored teenagers, who were being real assholes at some of the sites, yelling and carrying on like they were in the halls of their middle school. We yelled at them one time as they were completely lacking in all respect. Think the comment was "shut up and respect the dead, assholes." Was an interesting day. Next morning we headed out for home and spent the rest of the vacation in Georgetown, C&O Canal, Glen Echo, and the Rio. That place holds a special place in my heart. Always makes me feel 10 years younger :) I'll post pictures sometime.

Yesterday we went to one of our lakes and saw the young Muscovy and her ducklings. They are so adorable. Looked very uncomfortable in the 90 degree heat. Saw about 25 turtles, also saw a dead turtle (RIP) and a very small, but very colorful snake, which I am trying to identify. Was orange and gold in an interesting braided pattern. I was able to convince Mike to go out today as it is the first of my 28th year on this goofy planet. Heading to another lake and watching some more ducks. Maybe we'll see that other large icky snake, who I'm convinced ate our ducklings.

Have a good day and stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home