RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Super-happy Fun Weekend (SHFW) continues... Mike and I made up this concept of SHFW several months ago when shit was just depressing during the week and we needed a weekend were we just kicked it, didn't worry about bills or jobs or stupid shit that infiltrates your brain. Back in B'more, SHFW would usually consist of going to DC and doing our thing there. I know the name sounds like some goofy Japanese game show, but the concept has worked for us. Usually includes some good meals, going outside and watching some animals, not arguing about anything and usually some physical lovin'. In honor of Labor Day, this weekend was christened SHFW and I think will be so until tomorrow when the dread of visiting the dog sinks in.

I want to see him, however I am scared to death that when I get there, for some reason, they are going to tell me that I have to take him with me. Which would mean that he would go to the pound. We tried keeping him here and it did not work out. We can't even take him out without him going crazy. I have put ads up on Petfinder and contacted every rescue group in the area. No rescues can help, not even the no-kill shelter, so I feel fucked. I guess the next thing is to look up ASPCA's and see if there are any somewhere around here. I hope that she can keep him until we get a house, because at least then we would be able to keep him inside and in the backyard and that would be ok with us until he is trained and possibly placed with someone more patient than we are. It's stressing me out and I feel horrible for him. I know he likes playing outside and he has a lot of dog company where he is (he really likes to play with this one other dog), I just worry my head off that she is going to make us take him back. I need to chill, it's still SHFW.

Speaking of worrying, I am getting a tad nervous about the up-coming election. What really drives me haywire is watching non-US news reports and wondering how anyone with a brain would want to keep Bush in office? And he is leading in the polls! We were watching CNNFN yesterday, which appeared to be from the UK, and the news was just so morbid, however, real. They talked in-depth about the "war" in Iraq, the hostage situation in Russia, gas prices, the state of the Middle East, etc. And in the back of my head I think, what a fucked up world this is. And we have a pair of clownshoe's in office. I only watched about 10 minutes of his speech before I feel asleep, but what I heard made me wonder about what this man think he's actually done in the last four years?

economy: sucks
foreign affairs: we are on everyone's shit list
nukes: hmmm... North Korea?
employment/job creation: if you want to take credit for the thousands of jobs created by horrible companies like Walmart and McDonald's- jobs
poverty: the rich are getting richer and the poor are breaking their asses to make the rich richer, where's my buddy KM?
civil liberties: thanks to the Patriot Act, your privacy is gone, good luck if you don't agree with the right-wing nutjobs running the country

It is so sad to me that we can't even abide by the Geneva Convention and not even give people a right to talk to lawyers because we are so afraid of making another mistake. Maybe if the fucking CIA and FBI listened up when we knew people from the Middle East were over here in our flight academies, when we had intelligence from a police precinct up north just days before, when our president received a memo stating Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the US, that there was intelligence planes were going to be used, and that no one gave Richard Clarke the time of day regarding such an important issue. And our fucking government and military, the most powerful in the world, could not put two and two fucking together? 9/11 should HAVE NEVER HAPPENED! I don't care who was in office, it should have never happened. If our leaders didn't think we were infallable, maybe it wouldn't have. Nothing was learned from Pearl Harbor, nothing. It makes me fucking sick.

Damnit, SHFW. Got to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home