Spent the last four hours trolling Charlotte with the realtor to look for some homes. First one we went to had no garage and the backyard had a lot of dirt. They call it "natural" or some bullshit like that. Was not worth the asking price and was at the end of this street where the neighborhood kids like to gather. Next house, fitingly enough was on Bethesda Ct. Anyone who knows MD, knows how posh and ritzy Bethesda is. Nothing like this neighborhood! Tons of boats in people's yards and neighborhood seemed to be on the decline. Third house, aka, the crack house. Beautiful looking brick house from the outside, nice two car garage. On the inside, DISASTER! Every single room featured horribly stained carpet, like blood or drug burns or some shit like that. All rooms also featured dirty walls with stains and marks. The wood was rotting. Either it was a crackhouse, or the owner had 10 kids and 10 dogs and never cleaned anything. Was foreclosed and wonder how much of it was sabotage, but Mike and the realtor agreed it was probably years of abuse. Good luck selling that crap shack! And the thing is, I loved the house, beautiful back year, great room sizes, but it was a disaster. Would take $40K to fix it up. Neighborhood was small, and seemed really nice. Think there is another house for sale there she is going to check out for us.
The last house we looked at we really liked. Here is a link (click on Featured Properties, page 15 on Chambray). The funniest thing was that in one room upstairs the guy had drums, guitar and four-track set up! How cool was that? Really open floorplan, smallish backyard, but had a privacy fence. Really liked that house. Our realtor is going to check out the neighborhood, resale value, etc.
So, I call my parents because I am excited and I get my dads usually negative response. Comments this time focused around not being in the area long enough to know if we like it, me not knowing about my job? What's not to know, I like it and they seem fine with me. We like the area, done. Mike is convinced it's because my dad doesn't like him. In this case, has nothing to do with anything. My parents don't dislike him, I think they wanted me to marry some fucking bookworm boring douchebag. Not going to happen. They should have known from the time I was 15 and have dated only musicians, usually metalheads, that who I fall in love with are creative, smart, witty and fun men, who have a taste for loud guitars. I don't think I've ever dated anyone who didn't play an instrument or like either Glen Danzig or Black Flag. Only two guys I ever dated went to college. To me, being smart has nothing to do with a piece of paper from an institution, it's all about what is in your head and your ability to think and learn. Look at Rollins, no formal schooling and he is one of the most well-versed educated people out there.
I feel badly because there isn't much I can say to make him feel better. Alright, got to go. Good night from the dirty south.
The last house we looked at we really liked. Here is a link (click on Featured Properties, page 15 on Chambray). The funniest thing was that in one room upstairs the guy had drums, guitar and four-track set up! How cool was that? Really open floorplan, smallish backyard, but had a privacy fence. Really liked that house. Our realtor is going to check out the neighborhood, resale value, etc.
So, I call my parents because I am excited and I get my dads usually negative response. Comments this time focused around not being in the area long enough to know if we like it, me not knowing about my job? What's not to know, I like it and they seem fine with me. We like the area, done. Mike is convinced it's because my dad doesn't like him. In this case, has nothing to do with anything. My parents don't dislike him, I think they wanted me to marry some fucking bookworm boring douchebag. Not going to happen. They should have known from the time I was 15 and have dated only musicians, usually metalheads, that who I fall in love with are creative, smart, witty and fun men, who have a taste for loud guitars. I don't think I've ever dated anyone who didn't play an instrument or like either Glen Danzig or Black Flag. Only two guys I ever dated went to college. To me, being smart has nothing to do with a piece of paper from an institution, it's all about what is in your head and your ability to think and learn. Look at Rollins, no formal schooling and he is one of the most well-versed educated people out there.
I feel badly because there isn't much I can say to make him feel better. Alright, got to go. Good night from the dirty south.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home