RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Back from lovely Newark, NJ. Why was I there you ask? Why exploration of course. If you count walking 100 yards to the Holiday Inn next door to my hotel for dinner last night exploration... Needed to attend a training class so we can role out some new programs next month. Think September is going to be a busy one. Know I will be in Atlanta for 3 days for another training class. This time I'm getting a car. I didn't want to get a car in Newark because the hotel was close to the airport and it's fucking Newark. Where am I going to go? Didn't want to try and venture into NYC alone at night. Still find myself having a hard time with NYC. September 11th is and will always be fresh in my mind and the horrible pain those people went through can be felt when you look at the skyline and see two large empty spaces. It is just too sad and too real in my head. I talked to this guy at the airport for a while before my flight and he was telling me that he was 6 blocks from the towers and that he went back to work almost a week later and the stench was awful and lasted months. Can you fucking imagine that? Fucking smelling dead bodies, burning twisted metal? Is like a bad fucking nightmare and people still have to live with those images in their heads all the time. Fucking A.

In selfish self-babble, glad to be in my own bed at home. Have slept like shit on a stick for 3 days and can't wait to get some R.E.M. Alright my sleepytime meds are kicking in and things are going wuzzy. Have a good night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home