Yeah, ok, I know, it's been weeks. Where to start... I guess St. Louis. Headed out for a mini-vacation to the mid-west on the 6th. Stayed near Westport this suburb of the city, pretty suburban, which was fine by me. On Thursday my dad was at the hotel when I got there (he and my mom stayed somewhere down the street). Was kind of annoying because I really just needed to freshen up a bit and had left it that I was going to meet him at his hotel. My dad can be very overbearing, especially when he is lonely or bored and it got on my nerves. My dad gave me a few minutes to change and then we went to "dinner." My parents eat like birds, I enjoy food, especially when I'm on vacation. His idea of "dinner" was getting a salad at the local Dierbergs (this beast grocery store that has a florist shop, video store and cooking classes). Needless to say, wasn't a good start.
We then went to see if my grandma was home, found her fresh from a card game and hung out at her place for a little while. She has a tiny one bedroom apartment in what's called Covenant House (large apartment complex for Jewish senior citizens). Pretty neat place with a lot of activities. Went back to the hotel where I found a cazillion hairs of different sizes in my bed on my pillows. Fucking gross. I called downstairs and after about 45 minutes they brought me some a change of linens. Needless to say, didn't allow housekeeping in my room for the rest of the trip.
After a shitty nights sleep I ventured out to the local Sweet Tomatoes. That place fucking rules. It starts off with a huge salad bar, some are pre-made (I think I had 3 plates full of the pear walnut salad) with just a huge selection of fresh veggies. Then they have a pasta station, soups and pizza station as well as the best freakin brownies ever and frozen yogurt. After my very filling meal I drove over to the U City Loop. My dad went to school at Wash U and I had been to the loop several times. Some really neat stores there. Got some wacky shit called Parasite Pals. Really wacked out product line with a little girl host who has eyelash mites, bed bugs, intestinal worms, etc. who are all cartoonish. Right up my alley. They have a beast record store there called Vintage Vinyl which has all kinds of genres at good prices.
After the Loop I drove about 40 minutes the other way and went to the Butterfly Conversatory in Chesterfield. That place was amazing. You walk in and there are some exhibits with creatures I'm not so fond of, scorpions, spiders, etc. There is a door with a guy in a wheelchair who speaks these rules in Stephen Hawkins voice, which was a bit odd, but great for the guy as I'm sure finding a job when you are that paralyzed is virtually impossible. You walk in and it is like a paradise. Beautiful plants and flowers with a rolling waterfall and creek. Butterfly's everywhere, like thousands of them. Beautiful blue butterflys, tiny red and orange butterflys, it was awesome. They don't touch you, they just fly all around, land on flowers, find a nice tree to relax on. Was really beautiful. They have a really nice pond in the back where they hold wedding ceremonies. In the front of the conservatory they have this big lake with duckie and geese friends. Was a very nice place, would definately go back there.
For dinner that night I met my aunt, cousin, grandma and parents at this stirfly place. You can either have a chef make your own stirfly or you can get something off the menu. They pissed me off as they had all of 3 sauces (out of 11) that were vegetarian. How fucking hard is it not to put meat in everything? I don't understand. I ended up getting brown rice and some veggies and tofu. Was just ok. Was peeved because the "chef" used the same device to stir my food and cut up my moms raw chicken. Needless to say I did bitch to the manager when he came over to the table. He headed right back to the kitchen. He said they are directed not to do that and he was sorry. After that adventure I headed up to Harrah's casino. Was about 15 minutes from the hotel. I had been there before with my aunts and cousins. They have two different complexes in the same building. People are totally fucking addicted to those slots. I would play like $3 and move on. People were just sitting and pushing the button to spin over and over and over. It was pretty sad. I lost $40 bucks but I was there for a good 2.5 hours so it wasn't too bad. I think I won $12 on a .10 machine and $10 on a $1 machine. Whatever, was something to do.
Saturday was a disaster. I woke up and headed to a local train station to go downtown. Their train is more like our light rail system, mostly above ground, same ticketing system. I took the train to the Arch stop and wanted to check out this good vegan restaurant. If I was smart I would have checked out what stop was closest to the place, but instead I walked 14 blocks in pretty desolate streets. It is sad how deserted that city is. I get there and the fucking place was closed! Needless to say after walking back 14 blocks I was hungry and pissed. There were no places to eat where I looked so I went over to the Arch. They had this Arch cafe place were I got a garden salad, fruit salad and a water, which I shelled out $9 for! Ate my shit meal and went to the Arch. I don't know what I was thinking in taking a ride to the top. I nearly shit myself when I saw how small those compartments were. I'm not claustrophobic, but I really don't like not being able to get out of where I am. Good luck on that. You are in a steel cage that is 4' high by probably 5' wide with 4 other people. It takes 4 minutes to get to the top, which is arched and kind of scary and then 3 minutes to go down. The view was cool. Interesting how St. Louis looks like a city and East St. Louis, IL looks like the shit that was flushed down St. Louis's toilet. Completely desolate with railroad tracks and pollution.
After my arch adventure I went back to the hotel and just relaxed for about 2 hours. My fucking feet were going to fall off. Headed out for some chow (back to Sweet Tomatoes) and then went back to the hotel. I was able to suprise my mom with some flowers and balloons in her room for mother's day that night. Went out for about an hour to Westport where they have this big lake and some neat shops. There were two cover bands playing that night, fucking Creed and Collective Soul covers, was totally corny.
Sunday I drove down to Forest Park to see if I could go roller skating. Rink was closed. Thought I would check out the boat house, too crowded, so I drove to this beast mall called St. Louis Mills. They have an indoor ice skating rink, indoor day-glo mini golf and ESPN skatepark. I looked around a bit and got some good stuff at Marshall's and then went ice skating. It took about 2 loops around to get my balance. Was pretty fun. I did break my record and fell on my ass, but it wasn't awful. Some girl wrecked hard at the skatepark, was going to stay to see what happened, but was zoinked.
Sunday afternoon there was a BBQ at my cousin's house. Whole family was there. I was slightly sedate because I am not good around a lot of people anymore, I just get real quiet. It's not that I am intimidated, I just don't like being around a lot of people. It was Mother's Day and two relative's birthday's so it was slightly chaotic. My cousins thought I was bored, I just am not used to it. That night I just chilled at the hotel. Debated seeing a movie but had spent enough dough on the trip. Flew back on Monday and went to work on Tuesday.
So, now a week later... I'm just blah. Really want to move to North Carolina badly. If we could have free health care for 3 months I would do it in a second. Continuing insurance is a bitch and is so expensive. I don't know what to do with us anymore. Our lease is up July 31 and I don't know if I should extend or what. Fucking A. All right I need to clean up the bedroom, tis' a sty. Hope all is well in your head.
We then went to see if my grandma was home, found her fresh from a card game and hung out at her place for a little while. She has a tiny one bedroom apartment in what's called Covenant House (large apartment complex for Jewish senior citizens). Pretty neat place with a lot of activities. Went back to the hotel where I found a cazillion hairs of different sizes in my bed on my pillows. Fucking gross. I called downstairs and after about 45 minutes they brought me some a change of linens. Needless to say, didn't allow housekeeping in my room for the rest of the trip.
After a shitty nights sleep I ventured out to the local Sweet Tomatoes. That place fucking rules. It starts off with a huge salad bar, some are pre-made (I think I had 3 plates full of the pear walnut salad) with just a huge selection of fresh veggies. Then they have a pasta station, soups and pizza station as well as the best freakin brownies ever and frozen yogurt. After my very filling meal I drove over to the U City Loop. My dad went to school at Wash U and I had been to the loop several times. Some really neat stores there. Got some wacky shit called Parasite Pals. Really wacked out product line with a little girl host who has eyelash mites, bed bugs, intestinal worms, etc. who are all cartoonish. Right up my alley. They have a beast record store there called Vintage Vinyl which has all kinds of genres at good prices.
After the Loop I drove about 40 minutes the other way and went to the Butterfly Conversatory in Chesterfield. That place was amazing. You walk in and there are some exhibits with creatures I'm not so fond of, scorpions, spiders, etc. There is a door with a guy in a wheelchair who speaks these rules in Stephen Hawkins voice, which was a bit odd, but great for the guy as I'm sure finding a job when you are that paralyzed is virtually impossible. You walk in and it is like a paradise. Beautiful plants and flowers with a rolling waterfall and creek. Butterfly's everywhere, like thousands of them. Beautiful blue butterflys, tiny red and orange butterflys, it was awesome. They don't touch you, they just fly all around, land on flowers, find a nice tree to relax on. Was really beautiful. They have a really nice pond in the back where they hold wedding ceremonies. In the front of the conservatory they have this big lake with duckie and geese friends. Was a very nice place, would definately go back there.
For dinner that night I met my aunt, cousin, grandma and parents at this stirfly place. You can either have a chef make your own stirfly or you can get something off the menu. They pissed me off as they had all of 3 sauces (out of 11) that were vegetarian. How fucking hard is it not to put meat in everything? I don't understand. I ended up getting brown rice and some veggies and tofu. Was just ok. Was peeved because the "chef" used the same device to stir my food and cut up my moms raw chicken. Needless to say I did bitch to the manager when he came over to the table. He headed right back to the kitchen. He said they are directed not to do that and he was sorry. After that adventure I headed up to Harrah's casino. Was about 15 minutes from the hotel. I had been there before with my aunts and cousins. They have two different complexes in the same building. People are totally fucking addicted to those slots. I would play like $3 and move on. People were just sitting and pushing the button to spin over and over and over. It was pretty sad. I lost $40 bucks but I was there for a good 2.5 hours so it wasn't too bad. I think I won $12 on a .10 machine and $10 on a $1 machine. Whatever, was something to do.
Saturday was a disaster. I woke up and headed to a local train station to go downtown. Their train is more like our light rail system, mostly above ground, same ticketing system. I took the train to the Arch stop and wanted to check out this good vegan restaurant. If I was smart I would have checked out what stop was closest to the place, but instead I walked 14 blocks in pretty desolate streets. It is sad how deserted that city is. I get there and the fucking place was closed! Needless to say after walking back 14 blocks I was hungry and pissed. There were no places to eat where I looked so I went over to the Arch. They had this Arch cafe place were I got a garden salad, fruit salad and a water, which I shelled out $9 for! Ate my shit meal and went to the Arch. I don't know what I was thinking in taking a ride to the top. I nearly shit myself when I saw how small those compartments were. I'm not claustrophobic, but I really don't like not being able to get out of where I am. Good luck on that. You are in a steel cage that is 4' high by probably 5' wide with 4 other people. It takes 4 minutes to get to the top, which is arched and kind of scary and then 3 minutes to go down. The view was cool. Interesting how St. Louis looks like a city and East St. Louis, IL looks like the shit that was flushed down St. Louis's toilet. Completely desolate with railroad tracks and pollution.
After my arch adventure I went back to the hotel and just relaxed for about 2 hours. My fucking feet were going to fall off. Headed out for some chow (back to Sweet Tomatoes) and then went back to the hotel. I was able to suprise my mom with some flowers and balloons in her room for mother's day that night. Went out for about an hour to Westport where they have this big lake and some neat shops. There were two cover bands playing that night, fucking Creed and Collective Soul covers, was totally corny.
Sunday I drove down to Forest Park to see if I could go roller skating. Rink was closed. Thought I would check out the boat house, too crowded, so I drove to this beast mall called St. Louis Mills. They have an indoor ice skating rink, indoor day-glo mini golf and ESPN skatepark. I looked around a bit and got some good stuff at Marshall's and then went ice skating. It took about 2 loops around to get my balance. Was pretty fun. I did break my record and fell on my ass, but it wasn't awful. Some girl wrecked hard at the skatepark, was going to stay to see what happened, but was zoinked.
Sunday afternoon there was a BBQ at my cousin's house. Whole family was there. I was slightly sedate because I am not good around a lot of people anymore, I just get real quiet. It's not that I am intimidated, I just don't like being around a lot of people. It was Mother's Day and two relative's birthday's so it was slightly chaotic. My cousins thought I was bored, I just am not used to it. That night I just chilled at the hotel. Debated seeing a movie but had spent enough dough on the trip. Flew back on Monday and went to work on Tuesday.
So, now a week later... I'm just blah. Really want to move to North Carolina badly. If we could have free health care for 3 months I would do it in a second. Continuing insurance is a bitch and is so expensive. I don't know what to do with us anymore. Our lease is up July 31 and I don't know if I should extend or what. Fucking A. All right I need to clean up the bedroom, tis' a sty. Hope all is well in your head.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home