RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, April 04, 2004

There is a mighty wind brewing Batman. Its been windy as a banchee today which pretty much has put me in the mood to do nothing but drink some tea and write this entry. Today I managed to get some chow, put more gas into my car and then got a haircut. Hair Cuttery seems to have some sort of identity complex where they think they are a real salon. No offense to the people that work there, but come on, the Hair Cuttery is the Target of the hair salons. And there is nothing wrong with that, but you expect to pay less at Target, then say the grocery store. For $21 they would shampoo, blowdry and straighten my hair, so I thought I would get it done. Well, it turns out that my hair is too long so they charge an extra $10 for that, and if they cut it also would be $34 plus $10. So, $44 for a fucking cut, blowdry and straighten? This same thing at a simple salon would cost right around the same and they would probably give me more suggestions and actually style my hair as opposed to the traditional Hair Cuttery trim and run. Ended up just having them shampoo and trim for $13. Which kind of pisses me off because I would have rather spent that money in a real salon and had them do something with my ratty hair. Oh bloody well.

I saw a job in the paper for a company I applied with before I started my current job. Same position and everything. I am going to apply and hopefully they will be interested; it is right up the street also which is a huge plus. Is for a Recruiter position. I think that would help me a bit because there are days where having the responsibility to do everything gets so tiresome. Having one niche to work with might be good for me for a while. I am excited about it and hoping they at least give me a call. Even if I have something else, might help me with my current situation as my current employer is going to be in a huge hole if things pan out the way they are looking to pan out. I still feel like I got ripped off when they "promoted/tranfered" me. The amount of wear and tear the 60 mile commute has on my mind and my car is getting old. I have to get gas every 4 days as opposed to once every 10 days when I was working up here. The increase they gave me when this happened did not even aquate to the milage reimbursement I would have gotten driving between the two locations daily. Our department is the only one who gets dealt this bullshit. I didn't sign up to drive 30 miles each way, I signed up to drive 2. I guess I can look at it that I am lucky they even gave me the opportunity, but it's hard to see that some days as I wasn't given any choice. I just need to dig in and see what the latest round of changes brings.

We found some ok stuff in the paper for Mike, hopefully something will pan out soon. There was one job that was tucked away in the medical section that other people might not catch, is right up the street also! Cross your fingas' for us. Til next time my daylight savings friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home