RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Yeah, I know, it's been a while. Things have been bordering on, ok fine, crossed the border and on their way to Mexico, on being shitty and I didn't want to drag anyone into my mood. Last week Mike went down to Florida to visit his folks. During that time I went for a lot of walks to try and clear my head. I started to get bitterly resentful last week to the point where it was hard for me to talk to him. I started questioning a lot of things and got real upset and real anxious. Him not having a job stressed me out to breakdown point last week. I spent my entire paycheck on rent and his car payment, which leaves only one other paycheck for every other bill, food, etc. I got stressed out and I didn't like the state I was in. I picked him up at the airport on Thursday, and he snapped at me because I wasn't where he told me that he was going to be and I didn't know that. I got really fucking pissed and almost blew my top. I was picking him up instead of me staying at work and going to the Rollins spoken word that night in College Park. Something that my soul needed badly. He said he would take public transporation home, but our fucking light rail is being eaten up so they can add new tracks, so it would have taken him forever. I didn't feel like it was right of me to ask him to do that. So I picked him up and I get a fucking attitude right off the start. Granted we were silent for 20 minutes in the car after that went down. This is what happens when you marry someone that is as stubborn as you are.

Gradually things have gotten back to normal. We both have a lot of anxiety right now. I decided a few days ago that instead of me being resentful I need to be a better teammate. He needs to also and I think he realizes that. Not like he didn't before, but it does us no good to be pissy with each other. We are all we got besides family and some scattered friends. Like I said, things have been better, but they will improve when he is employed again. The other piece to this is our landlord needs to know 3 months in advance if we are renewing our lease. We have no fucking idea where we are going to be at the beginning of June. I'd love to be in North Carolina, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen soon. We thought of moving closer to where I work, but honestly, that doesn't seem like a good idea either because of some weird office politics that may mean me coming back to my old office (i.e. regaining my 8 minute commute). The apartments around there are either a) ghetto b) full of kids or c) too expensive. It's got us bugged out and anxious as all get out. We don't want to be homeless, but we don't want to sign another year lease if we really don't want to be here. Our landlords are very tight with getting out of the lease and it would cost a bloody fortune. We might end up signing on for 2 more months.

Other than that, Mike had another dentist appt. last night. The fucking weasel made us pay upfront, which is total bullshit. The reason you go to in-network doctors/dentists is because they are subject to what is called Reasonable and Customary. Pretty much, the insurance company has a rate they will allow them to charge (i.e. doctor charges $100, insurance company says, "no, you are contracted to charge $70"). It helps the consumer because you end up paying less coinsurance (or the percentage you owe after their payment). The fuckbag says that he needs the part he thinks insurance is not going to cover and DID NOT include reasonable and customary. So, I had to shell out $500 for the fucking procedures and I have no idea what it actually is going to cost me (I am thinking $400). Had to charge it which made me so fucking angry. He was such a jerk too, "I prefer to get the whole payment now," when I asked if I could pay half now, and half when he comes back in two weeks. What the fuck does he think Mike's going to do? Run off with a temporary crown? Everyone else, including me, has dentists who send a bill. This guy obviously wants money upfront. Not cool and Mike and I decided this is the last procedure he'll use this guy for. We need someone that is a bit more flexible with payments. He is such a phoney too, I can't stand people who are smug like that, fucking rascals.

Work has been rather sucky, there is an issue a day now with our folks. I've never called our lawyers before and had to call them twice in two days on seperate issues. I am itching to infection to get out of there somedays. If we had more administrative help we could really do a great job as a department, but because we don't, we really suffer. It's very sad to me how companies shell out so much on sales and marketing, but neglect the other departments. If we had one more person things would be so much easier on all of us and our employee's would be happier. They just don't see the big picture. Alright, need to relax. Have a Worker's Compensation hearing tomorrow AM, should be interesting, I'm a sucker for employment law. Nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home