RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Yesterday was almost a complete loss. We started the day out a bit later than we wanted and made our way to Harmony. We both were thinking we should drive straight to Georgetown, but neither of us vocalized this. So, we took the metro, hopped a bus, after a little walk on Wisconsin hit our restaurant on M. Food was really good as usual and then we went to SMASH! to see if they had any decent used CD's. Bought "Allroy's Revenge" by ALL (Mike's had this on tape for ages), a Sunny Day CD and I bought a Minor Threat sticker (black sheep). The Black Flag sticker I bought there about 2 months ago came to an unfortunate end as it got scrapped off a bit during the ice storms and then flew off on the highway. Hopefully some douchey investment banker was driving around with a Flag sticker on his tire for a while. On the way back the bus broke down. We had to wait about 20 minutes for another one, that was really lame. Finally got back to our car after about 2.5 hours from starting the journey. If we had driven would have cut the time in half. Won't make that mistake again.

Mike wanted coffee so I drove to the only Dunkin Donuts I know, which meant dealing with bullshit Saturday R'ville Pike traffic which was as usual mega-lame. Headed down to the folks house to set up their DVD/VCR combo we got them for the holidays. My dad is a huge spaz, he gets really crazy when something new is introduced to him and he will not let anyone help him figure it out. I told Mike at one point just to walk away, as he hadn't seen that side of my dad before and it can grate your nerves real quick. Everything is set up and good until we tried to open the DVD tray. Wouldn't work. I was fucking pissed. When I picked this up in the store, the one box they tried to give me originally looked fucked up so I asked for another one. Fuckin' A. Topping on the cake of a shit day. So, my dad calls Circuit City and tells them it doesn't work and he wants a replacement, and no, we don't have the receipt. It pays to buy things on-line for store pickup as they have the record in the computer at all locations. So, we made our way back down the Pike, picked up another one (which we made the guy try out in the store), brought it home and it worked. By the time we were down the sun was setting. We were supposed to go to our lake and see our duck/goose friends. Needless to say, weren't real happy. I don't want to be an ass, my parents have been very generous and everything, I just have such a low tolerance level. I think Mike understands now why I get real angry when he acts like a spaz, dealt with that my whole life and I'm not trying to deal with it in a husband.

We decided to try the lake as we had a shit day and wanted to do something we liked. Well, the parking at this place is a fucking nightmare. They are building this garage, but took away most of the parking to do so. There were these HUGE chucks on earth missing in the lot so you couldn't even get anywhere to park. The garages they had were already totally filled up and there were cars everywhere. We also snuck a peak and the lake was frozen. So, we headed for home. Stopped off at a Bennigan's and had an ok dinner. The rest of the night was more fun and a lot more relaxing. I hate being stuck at home, but after a shitty day, there isn't much else better than being comfortable. Just wish it was a house and not in this crappy town. I still haven't thought about it. We need to tell our landlords before the end of the month if we are renewing our lease. I wish I had about $20K to pay off all our debt and pay down Mike's car, then we would be free. Free from working to pay off bills. It is such a horrible situation when you could just move somewhere and be free, but you can't because you owe too much. For those out there who don't have credit card debt, don't start. You might think you will just pay it off at the end of the month, but then the money is needed to pay your electric bill or buy food or clothing and you don't. It adds up to the point where you have no idea how the fuck you spent that much money, and you don't have the money to pay it off. Alright, need to escape for a while. Library bound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home