Well, the deed has been done. Mike resigned with the help of a beautiful resignation letter I created last night via e-mail. When your job sucks so much that you want to inflict physical pain on yourself, it's time to get out. He is much happier, feels like this huge, family-owned lack-of-training fuckfaces weight has been lifted off his shoulders. I crafted the letter for the benefit of unemployment, because although he resigned, we feel it was under dire circumstances based on a complete lack of training along with unsafe working conditions (the new building they moved to has exposed live wires as well as machines with broken brakes). We wouldn't be suprised if he gets denied benefits because he did resign, but it's at least worth a shot.
We are really itching to get out of here. We are going to start taking some weekend trips in the next few months, scoping out different towns to see if there is somewhere we'd like to move to for a while. Right now we are looking at Lexington, KY, Charlotte, NC and Wilmington, NC. I'd love to live in SC, but there are just no jobs. Charlotte seems to be booming, Lexington seems second at this point, don't know enough about Wilimington. If anyone has any ideas, send me an e-mail. I checked out this one site where you put in your info and it generates cities, most of them were just too small town or in Texas, don't think I could deal with Texas. We are looking for climate that is a little milder than MD (so it can't get to 10 degrees at night in the winter), where the people aren't mellow to the point of being annoying, that has affordable housing, low crime rate and isn't too urban nor too rural. I know, asking for a lot. And don't even mention California. Can't stand that place. Shouldn't say all of it, haven't been to central or up north. Don't think we are ready to move that far away right now.
Other than that, feeling better, throat is dry as a banchee, made it kind of hard to snooze last night. So glad Saturday is almost here, nice getting up after 6:30AM. In high school I had to wake up at 5:58 so I could be out of the house at 6:25, that totally fucking sucked. I can't tell you how many times I faked sick so I didn't have to go to school. I despised school. I don' t think I would have hated it so much if they let us start at a reasonable hour, I think our start time was 7:25, maybe it was 7, fuck that shit.
I don't think I would mind working a second shift job, I hate waking up in the morning. I wouldn't mind being able to get errands done during the day before work. Who knows, maybe I'll find a second shift HR job that no one wants and they'd relocate me. Alright, need to read. Got Chief Moose's book waiting for me. Take care and be safe.
We are really itching to get out of here. We are going to start taking some weekend trips in the next few months, scoping out different towns to see if there is somewhere we'd like to move to for a while. Right now we are looking at Lexington, KY, Charlotte, NC and Wilmington, NC. I'd love to live in SC, but there are just no jobs. Charlotte seems to be booming, Lexington seems second at this point, don't know enough about Wilimington. If anyone has any ideas, send me an e-mail. I checked out this one site where you put in your info and it generates cities, most of them were just too small town or in Texas, don't think I could deal with Texas. We are looking for climate that is a little milder than MD (so it can't get to 10 degrees at night in the winter), where the people aren't mellow to the point of being annoying, that has affordable housing, low crime rate and isn't too urban nor too rural. I know, asking for a lot. And don't even mention California. Can't stand that place. Shouldn't say all of it, haven't been to central or up north. Don't think we are ready to move that far away right now.
Other than that, feeling better, throat is dry as a banchee, made it kind of hard to snooze last night. So glad Saturday is almost here, nice getting up after 6:30AM. In high school I had to wake up at 5:58 so I could be out of the house at 6:25, that totally fucking sucked. I can't tell you how many times I faked sick so I didn't have to go to school. I despised school. I don' t think I would have hated it so much if they let us start at a reasonable hour, I think our start time was 7:25, maybe it was 7, fuck that shit.
I don't think I would mind working a second shift job, I hate waking up in the morning. I wouldn't mind being able to get errands done during the day before work. Who knows, maybe I'll find a second shift HR job that no one wants and they'd relocate me. Alright, need to read. Got Chief Moose's book waiting for me. Take care and be safe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home