RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Well, we are married now. The wedding turned out very nice, it was hot and really humid but Mother Nature helped out and kept the rain away. We got really lucky on that one. I was pukishly nervous the entire day of the wedding, maybe not nerves, maybe stressed, but that subsided a little when I got there and my videographer, photographer, florist and caterer were all there setting up already. The caterer screwed a few things up which kind of pisses me off. They put Mike's parents in the back corner after we discussed this the week prior and they said they would put them near my parents. The forgot an entree which wasn't a big deal because we had more than enough food (my parents and brother are still eating lots of salmon) and their wedding event manager really didn't go a great job helping us get ready and telling us who would walk down the aisle when. The bar and dance floor were fucked up when we got there but they made the switch and it was fine by the time the cocktail hour came.

The DJ pissed me off royally. Many times throughout our conversations (e-mail and phone) I told him specifically not to play the younger music until later on. So he plays like 4 motown songs and then busts into Kid n' Play (we created the song list and made him a CD). I was pissed because all the older people who were dancing scattered. What a douchebag. He also forgot to play the Simpsons song for the intro of the bridal party and he played the fucking Jaws theme when we cut our cake. What a bastard. I am still pissed about this, he totally didn't follow directions.

Mike's friends from Jersey came which was so nice of them. He was thrilled they were there and I know they made the night so much more special for him. I on the other hand can't say I had a great time at the reception. I was too worried about things going wrong, Mike was busy talking to his friends and the other members of the bridal party were talking to each other. I kind of got up and walked around myself for a little while. It felt kind of lonely I guess. I was horribly uncomfortable in my dress and a lot of the people I wanted to talk to because I haven't seen them in a while left early. I guess people don't stick around at weddings for that long, who knew? All in all it turned out well, but I won't be one of those brides that say it was the happiest day of my life. We've been together for over 7 years, it was a party to celebrate us. It was a good day, a happy day, but don't let the urban legends lead you to believe it is the most magical day of your life. I was never one of those kids who played dress up and dreamed of my wedding day, maybe for those who do, it is, but for us, it was just another step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home