Ah, the rings. Well, the place in Newark didn't have the matching band for my ring, and I'm not sure if I'm into or not just looking at the pic, so they need to call the manufacturer and see if they can ship them a sample. Mike picked his out in about 5 seconds, gold, band, no design. Lucky bastard! Another trip to Newark awaits us. Delaware is an interesting state, the no tax bit is pretty much what they've got going for them. The beach there is nice, but not super-worth the 3 hour drive.
Can't wait for this Rollins/Black Flag cover show coming up in June. That should be a hell of a birthday present. I wasn't super-huge on Keith's voice, but love the Flag, so I'm sure it'll be a damn good show. In the last few years we've heard the Descendents covering some Flag songs and that was beast, so hearing Keith and Henry will be like getting a handjob from an octopus. Ok, kind of a sick analogy, but think about it. As far as we know, these two shows are pretty much the only things we've got lined up for the summer. There are so few bands we'd really even go see anymore and I don't think any of them have plans to tour. Kind of sucks that we are at this age where we are just tired of going to shows. I think it's more of the waiting bit. Having to sit there for 3 hours to wait for the band you want to see to go on. When we were 17 and had more energy, it was all fun and games, part of the experience. Now we are old and cranky and just want to see the band and get home. I never thought that would happen either. But as we get older and look around, their are so few people older than us at these shows. And I guess I understand that more. My brother is 4 years older than me and still rocks out often, but often does it alone because his wife won't come with him. He also doesn't care about coming in late and having to wake up early since he stays up late anyway. We go to bed at 10 and if I don't get 8.5 hours sleep I will fucking bite your head off. I'm just a ball of fun aren't I?
Alright, need to chill with my boy. Have a good night.
Can't wait for this Rollins/Black Flag cover show coming up in June. That should be a hell of a birthday present. I wasn't super-huge on Keith's voice, but love the Flag, so I'm sure it'll be a damn good show. In the last few years we've heard the Descendents covering some Flag songs and that was beast, so hearing Keith and Henry will be like getting a handjob from an octopus. Ok, kind of a sick analogy, but think about it. As far as we know, these two shows are pretty much the only things we've got lined up for the summer. There are so few bands we'd really even go see anymore and I don't think any of them have plans to tour. Kind of sucks that we are at this age where we are just tired of going to shows. I think it's more of the waiting bit. Having to sit there for 3 hours to wait for the band you want to see to go on. When we were 17 and had more energy, it was all fun and games, part of the experience. Now we are old and cranky and just want to see the band and get home. I never thought that would happen either. But as we get older and look around, their are so few people older than us at these shows. And I guess I understand that more. My brother is 4 years older than me and still rocks out often, but often does it alone because his wife won't come with him. He also doesn't care about coming in late and having to wake up early since he stays up late anyway. We go to bed at 10 and if I don't get 8.5 hours sleep I will fucking bite your head off. I'm just a ball of fun aren't I?
Alright, need to chill with my boy. Have a good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home