My posts are working anymore. Not sure why. Have written twice since the 11th and nada. Better metally, worse physically. Think I got a raging sinus infection from being in manufacturing plants for 4 days (explanation below). Mike got the job (yay!) and will be starting next Sunday. Very happy for him, he completely deserves to work for a good company. They also pay 100% tuition reimbursement, he's thinking of taking some management classes. We have a community college off-site location here in Hunt Valley, could definately do that. Would be great for him to get an Associate's Degree in business or management, he's definately a smart cookie.
Was away on business from last Sunday to Thursday night. Sunday was smooth, I left for the airport around 8:45AM, got there around 9:30AM, parked my car (Airport Fast Park rules, I completely recommend them), checked in my bag (strongly recommend curbside, saves you a lot of time), then went through security. It made me feel safe except that the woman who was screening the bags was sort of talking to other people as the bags went through, she didn't look like she was concentrating all that much. Had to open up my laptop and they ran some scan over it. Had about 1.5 hours to kill (11:45AM flight) so I got some grub and got a nice 10 minute massage. It was $15, but I had really fucked up my back that morning trying to lug this 75 pound suitcase down three flights of stairs and then lift it in and out of my trunk. Felt good, helped relax me a bit. Hadn't been on a plane since 2/01, so it was a bit nerve-racking. Flight went fine, got to Bradley Airport in CT (not anything I was used to), got my bag, and as soon as I went outside the Hertz bus was there to take me to their rental lot. The Mazda 626 they gave me was a piece of shit. It was all dented and the fucking rearview mirror was all cracked and shit. They also didn't put any windshield wiper fluid in there. That was fun. I felt like I was driving a fucking brick around. My car is small and has some pep to it. Driving this thing I felt like I was pulling a horde of donkeys. It wouldn't just go. And then when it did, it was a fucking mess trying to maintain a constant speed. Boo on Mazda!
Checked into the hotel and Sunday and made my way towards Boston. I was staying in Windsor, right off 91, so the highway system was not terribly confusing. Had gotten all my directions from Mapquest before I left and was going to be driving to a green line station in MA, outside of Boston. Took a good 1.75 hours to get to the train station and another 50 minutes on the train to the city. When I left the hotel in CT, it was at least 60, got to MA and it was about the same. Got to Boston, it was fucking 40! Jesus! I stepped off the train and was fucked. Had a windbreaker on, no gloves, nothing. Air was went and wind was wicket cold. Went to Quincy Market since that's basically where people told me to go. Was pretty crazy being it was St. Patrick's Day Eve. Noticed that there are a lot of pretty women in Boston, was intimidating, made my akwardness shine through. Walked around the market a bit. Bought Mike this neat rifle pen from the Boston Historical Society store. Got us some coasters and pens from Cheers. Was there for about 2 hours. Made my way back to CT. That was a bitch. Train ride didn't feel that long, but the drive did. CT roads fucking suck, especially in the dark. In MD we have these white reflectors they put in between the white dashed lines on the highways so you can see in the dark, well not so in CT. They also have these fucking crazy merges that are completely confusing in the dark. Not a fan of CT, we were there in 99' for the Youth of Today reunion show, was an awful place. Got food poisoning from this restaurant we went to and I had fucking sun stroke and was so miserable (thanks geniouses for having a show with that many people in an non-air conditioned rats hole in the middle of summer). Punk rock, right. Fuck.
Was up there for training sessions relating to our Business System model. First day was ok, learned a lot about the company and about the model. Second day and days following were rough. The material is made for those in a manufacturing/production atmosphere. I am in a corporate office. I had a triple disadvantage since I am new to the company, new to my career and not in a manufacturing/production atmosphere. So, needless to say, I felt like it was pointless. I sat there completely non-contributing as these people who have been working their whole lives took over. I got credit for it, but feel like I could have skipped the last 2 days of the training. Got back on Friday and got a lot done, still have some catching up to do.
What do you guys think of this war biz? I am neutral at this point. Don't get me wrong, the disdain for "W" is still in me, but I feel like, we are there, just fucking do it and get home. I don't support the president, I still his agenda's are completely hidden and bogus. I love how he comes on TV and says the main objective is to liberate the Iraqi's. Then the next day the main objective is to weed out the terrorist to save the world from them. I seriously don't buy that we want to protect the oil fields because the money generated would help rebuild Iraq. Um... wonder why this is so hard for me to believe. Maybe if our prez didn't have such an interest in the oil companies. Same bullshit that will prevent any future thinking on hydrogen cell techology, or energy made from corn, wind, water. Give me a break. The other problem I have is that I don't think the media is coveraging this story from all angles. They make think they are with their cuckoo reporters in Baghdad, or they camera crews with the troops, but what about the Iraqi civilians? Have you heard anything about how many have been killed? It's not talked about. People here probably think it's zero, I don't buy it. And no, I'm not going to believe the hype that is on those Iraqi TV networks, but I don't think you can bomb a city with all this "shock and awe" and have not taken out civilians. I know we have advanced technology, but nothing is perfect. Especially hearing that our own missles blew up a British plane today. Jesus. How does that shit happen? Yes it's war, but when accidents are taking out more people than combat fighting, it doesn't sit well. How would you feel if your brother or sister was over there and died because one of their allies blew them up? Or with this crazy shit with the 101st and that guy trying to kill his own commanders?
That kills me about the Army. We had a guy in Sheppard Pratt (this mental hospital where I did my internship in college in 99') who was in the Army. He tried to kill himself with pills because he couldn't take it, he wanted out and they wouldn't let him. The Army wanted proof that he did this. They wanted to see the pills. What the fuck?! This poor schlob, made a mistake, enlisted, and instead of letting him out, he felt like he had to attempt suicide. And the really fucked up thing is, guess what happened to him? They ordered him out of our hospital, made him go to an Army hospital (that's objective, cha) and the last I heard was they made him go back into service. So to me, it doesn't shock me that they let a Muslim-American who was pissed off about being shipped, who didn't believe in the war, serve. Sorry, red flags. The Army is so fucking cut-throat. He is their robot, he must do as he is told. Well, guys, it doesn't work that way. When people are unstable, they are dangerous. Dangerous, not in that good, ready for battle way, dangerous in the "I'll kill my own troops because I hate you" kind of dangerous. I guess they see it as a fine line, to me it's thick and red. Alright, got some shit to do. Meeting my parents tonight for dinner. My Nana fell in her condo the other week and broke her pelvis. She's 91 years old, still mentally sharp as a tack, but she has osteoporosis and her bones just can't take it anymore. Mike and I saw her last weekend, will probably go up there again next Saturday. Pretty depressing.
Was away on business from last Sunday to Thursday night. Sunday was smooth, I left for the airport around 8:45AM, got there around 9:30AM, parked my car (Airport Fast Park rules, I completely recommend them), checked in my bag (strongly recommend curbside, saves you a lot of time), then went through security. It made me feel safe except that the woman who was screening the bags was sort of talking to other people as the bags went through, she didn't look like she was concentrating all that much. Had to open up my laptop and they ran some scan over it. Had about 1.5 hours to kill (11:45AM flight) so I got some grub and got a nice 10 minute massage. It was $15, but I had really fucked up my back that morning trying to lug this 75 pound suitcase down three flights of stairs and then lift it in and out of my trunk. Felt good, helped relax me a bit. Hadn't been on a plane since 2/01, so it was a bit nerve-racking. Flight went fine, got to Bradley Airport in CT (not anything I was used to), got my bag, and as soon as I went outside the Hertz bus was there to take me to their rental lot. The Mazda 626 they gave me was a piece of shit. It was all dented and the fucking rearview mirror was all cracked and shit. They also didn't put any windshield wiper fluid in there. That was fun. I felt like I was driving a fucking brick around. My car is small and has some pep to it. Driving this thing I felt like I was pulling a horde of donkeys. It wouldn't just go. And then when it did, it was a fucking mess trying to maintain a constant speed. Boo on Mazda!
Checked into the hotel and Sunday and made my way towards Boston. I was staying in Windsor, right off 91, so the highway system was not terribly confusing. Had gotten all my directions from Mapquest before I left and was going to be driving to a green line station in MA, outside of Boston. Took a good 1.75 hours to get to the train station and another 50 minutes on the train to the city. When I left the hotel in CT, it was at least 60, got to MA and it was about the same. Got to Boston, it was fucking 40! Jesus! I stepped off the train and was fucked. Had a windbreaker on, no gloves, nothing. Air was went and wind was wicket cold. Went to Quincy Market since that's basically where people told me to go. Was pretty crazy being it was St. Patrick's Day Eve. Noticed that there are a lot of pretty women in Boston, was intimidating, made my akwardness shine through. Walked around the market a bit. Bought Mike this neat rifle pen from the Boston Historical Society store. Got us some coasters and pens from Cheers. Was there for about 2 hours. Made my way back to CT. That was a bitch. Train ride didn't feel that long, but the drive did. CT roads fucking suck, especially in the dark. In MD we have these white reflectors they put in between the white dashed lines on the highways so you can see in the dark, well not so in CT. They also have these fucking crazy merges that are completely confusing in the dark. Not a fan of CT, we were there in 99' for the Youth of Today reunion show, was an awful place. Got food poisoning from this restaurant we went to and I had fucking sun stroke and was so miserable (thanks geniouses for having a show with that many people in an non-air conditioned rats hole in the middle of summer). Punk rock, right. Fuck.
Was up there for training sessions relating to our Business System model. First day was ok, learned a lot about the company and about the model. Second day and days following were rough. The material is made for those in a manufacturing/production atmosphere. I am in a corporate office. I had a triple disadvantage since I am new to the company, new to my career and not in a manufacturing/production atmosphere. So, needless to say, I felt like it was pointless. I sat there completely non-contributing as these people who have been working their whole lives took over. I got credit for it, but feel like I could have skipped the last 2 days of the training. Got back on Friday and got a lot done, still have some catching up to do.
What do you guys think of this war biz? I am neutral at this point. Don't get me wrong, the disdain for "W" is still in me, but I feel like, we are there, just fucking do it and get home. I don't support the president, I still his agenda's are completely hidden and bogus. I love how he comes on TV and says the main objective is to liberate the Iraqi's. Then the next day the main objective is to weed out the terrorist to save the world from them. I seriously don't buy that we want to protect the oil fields because the money generated would help rebuild Iraq. Um... wonder why this is so hard for me to believe. Maybe if our prez didn't have such an interest in the oil companies. Same bullshit that will prevent any future thinking on hydrogen cell techology, or energy made from corn, wind, water. Give me a break. The other problem I have is that I don't think the media is coveraging this story from all angles. They make think they are with their cuckoo reporters in Baghdad, or they camera crews with the troops, but what about the Iraqi civilians? Have you heard anything about how many have been killed? It's not talked about. People here probably think it's zero, I don't buy it. And no, I'm not going to believe the hype that is on those Iraqi TV networks, but I don't think you can bomb a city with all this "shock and awe" and have not taken out civilians. I know we have advanced technology, but nothing is perfect. Especially hearing that our own missles blew up a British plane today. Jesus. How does that shit happen? Yes it's war, but when accidents are taking out more people than combat fighting, it doesn't sit well. How would you feel if your brother or sister was over there and died because one of their allies blew them up? Or with this crazy shit with the 101st and that guy trying to kill his own commanders?
That kills me about the Army. We had a guy in Sheppard Pratt (this mental hospital where I did my internship in college in 99') who was in the Army. He tried to kill himself with pills because he couldn't take it, he wanted out and they wouldn't let him. The Army wanted proof that he did this. They wanted to see the pills. What the fuck?! This poor schlob, made a mistake, enlisted, and instead of letting him out, he felt like he had to attempt suicide. And the really fucked up thing is, guess what happened to him? They ordered him out of our hospital, made him go to an Army hospital (that's objective, cha) and the last I heard was they made him go back into service. So to me, it doesn't shock me that they let a Muslim-American who was pissed off about being shipped, who didn't believe in the war, serve. Sorry, red flags. The Army is so fucking cut-throat. He is their robot, he must do as he is told. Well, guys, it doesn't work that way. When people are unstable, they are dangerous. Dangerous, not in that good, ready for battle way, dangerous in the "I'll kill my own troops because I hate you" kind of dangerous. I guess they see it as a fine line, to me it's thick and red. Alright, got some shit to do. Meeting my parents tonight for dinner. My Nana fell in her condo the other week and broke her pelvis. She's 91 years old, still mentally sharp as a tack, but she has osteoporosis and her bones just can't take it anymore. Mike and I saw her last weekend, will probably go up there again next Saturday. Pretty depressing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home