I participate in posts on this message board for a wedding website. I went on yesterday to see if anyone was talking about The Columbia. I saw this post that said "I'm so depressed..." So I read it and it's this person is complaining about how no one will take them to a bridal show that was going on yesterday and that no one cares about their wedding by them. Holy fucking cow. Can you believe how selfish people are? I mean, of course, our weddings and planning is huge in our lives, but give me a freakin break. We lost the lives of 7 people, of a space shuttle. Debris is falling from the sky. Aren't there more important things than a fucking wedding show? So I wrote something, no where near as harsh as what I said above and this other person said that I was being wrong and that we are allowed to have our own lives and problems. Fuck that. Yesterday morning I woke up sick and had to get up early so I could pick Mike up at this car dealership about 25 minutes away. When he called me to tell me that he needed me to leave soon, his tone pissed me off. I felt completely unappreciated. Feeling like crap, I drove there, picked him up and we were home about 9:30am or so. That is when I turned on the TV and saw that Mission Control had lost contact with the shuttle. I yelled for Mike who came running in and then we saw as the news changed to Columbia Explodes of TX. I let out a cry because it broke my fucking heart. Anything I was feeling before that was erased. I was in tears and Mike was devestated. We continued to watch the news all day long. Mike was huge into the space program back in his childhood. He knows so much still about the shuttle, the force needed to come back into the atmosphere. We supported each other all day long, all night long. We kept thinking about the Challenger and asking ourselves why we have to see this twice in our lifetime? Why these poor people had to die and more families had to grieve over the death of their brave astronauts.
It is times like these that put all the petty stupid shit that goes through our minds into perspective. Yeah, of course I was mad about that morning, but there are much bigger things in this world. Yeah, I was pissed, and yeah, we did eventually talk about it. But, shit, when our country, when Israel is in mourning, when people in TX are scared to death that debris falling from the sky is going to take them out, when charred torso's and limbs of the deceased crew are found, that is global. There is more to life than the small micro-universe we make for ourselves. I just think it's sad that there are so few people these days who actually seem to believe that.
It is times like these that put all the petty stupid shit that goes through our minds into perspective. Yeah, of course I was mad about that morning, but there are much bigger things in this world. Yeah, I was pissed, and yeah, we did eventually talk about it. But, shit, when our country, when Israel is in mourning, when people in TX are scared to death that debris falling from the sky is going to take them out, when charred torso's and limbs of the deceased crew are found, that is global. There is more to life than the small micro-universe we make for ourselves. I just think it's sad that there are so few people these days who actually seem to believe that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home