This is just heartbreaking. Joe Strummer meant so much to so many people. The Clash was a huge driving force in so many people's lives, called them to action. It tears me up knowing how much people I love are hurting about this. Made this tribute tonight. I don't know what else to do. I listened to London Calling on repeat in the car on the way to work. When Joey Ramone died I cried my eyes out. The Ramones were my first introduction to punk and the movement that would shape my life and my future. Joey was this gentle figure who was such a huge part of my experience growing up. Watching Rock and Roll High School after school for like a year straight and wanting to be Riff Randall like you wouldn't believe. His death was a huge blow, it knocked me on my ass. I feel the same way with Joe, but the connection isn't as strong. Honestly, the Clash was a band who I liked, but didn't get heavily into until recently. When I first got London Calling I listed to it probably 15 times before I changed the CD in my car. The album just unleashes all this energy and spirit in me. And I'm a newbie when it comes to The Clash, but I know how powerful Joe Strummer was. I know that so many people out there are feeling lost right now from his sudden departure from us. He was a leader and was respected for all that he gave. We got ripped off.
About Me

- Name: RedHeadGo!
- Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Birding, music, travel, photography, life of a red head.
Previous Posts
- We've been ripped off again by the death of a wond...
- Friday the 13th huh? Sure as mice felt like it! ...
- I was so completely wrong about people not being o...
- Almost ready to do our usual Saturday errands. Ho...
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Oh, the sn...
- Booo! Got to go to work already. Feels like the la...
- What a friggin shitty month November has been. St...
- This week has just sucked. Flat out fucking sucke...
- I am mega-pissed. Having really bad insurance prob...
- Read: Spectacular Threat and Bush Being a Douchbag...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home