RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Ok, I'm worried. Election Day today and I feel like I am the only person in my district who is voting for KKT. This is Erlich country. And let me tell you, the Erlich supporters around here CAN'T DRIVE FOR SHIT!!! It seems like 75% of cars that have cut me off or been a dick on the road have a big phatty Erlich sticker on their truck/car. Says something. I worry because Erlich is a douche. He seems to have fooled all the old people into thinking he is really a moderate Republican. Sorry, don't buy it. Can't be suckered that easily. And no, believe me our Democratic candidate, KKT, ain't pearls and sunshine either. She doesn't seem all there. But, fuck the choice between a governor who will fight for the environment and not cower to big business, who may suffer from a lack of personality vs. some douchebag claiming to be so in touch with the people, with his phony Ken hair and horrible Baltimore accident who could give a shit about renewable energy and stopping sprawl, hmm... not a hard choice. I'm worried, will be worried until the votes are in. This is one of those times were I wish MD was more like CA, gave a shit about things that are important to our future. Good luck with that happening anytime soon. It's very depressing when you think about how not future-thinking most states and people are. Really have no concept of the earth and responsibility that comes along with being a citizen of this planet.

I also have to say that I am not real happy with the Democratic party in general. When I voted for President I voted for Gore because he was the lesser of two evils. A lot of people saw it that way, but unfortunately they opted for Bush (or Nader- that jackass, thanks for costing us the election you moron). Gore was not a good candidate. He has no personality, he did not reach the people anywhere like Bill Clinton did. People saw him as this weird robot-sounded guy who really didn't seem to feel strongly about the issues. Again, I feel like the Democratic party has let us down in MD. By choosing KKT as the candidate, we are now in trouble and as of tomorrow MD might have the first republican governor in 30 years. I just wonder why our party continues to support candidates that lack personality. Yes, KKT does relate to people, gets on their level, but not enough. And no, I have no idea who else would have ran, I don't even remember what the options were on the primary, but it is just sad to me that the Democratic party continues to go down the toilet because we are being beaten by republicans who people see as "stronger candidates." Whatever the fuck that means. So, I beg you, if you live in MD and haven't voted, vote for KKT. If you want to vote for Erlich, but are hesitate because of the rain, do us all a favor, our children a favor, the environment a favor, stay inside and make yourself a warm cup of tea instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home