RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Sunday, November 17, 2002

I am mega-pissed. Having really bad insurance problems right now. My former employer, ACT, who I worked for from October 99- January 01, never bothered to cancel me from their health insurance. I just found out about this a week ago. The insurance I had after that was some shitty school insurance plan for when I was a grad student. Well, since I had all these tests done in July, I have over $2500 in claims. For some reason this means that they generate all these forms and make you get proof that you were a student. And it's not something as simple as, fax us your transcript. No, it's fucking waste your time and go to your registrar to fill out this fucking form saying I was a student and have the school seal on it. At the same time, they need a HIPPA certificate because of my colon problems. HIPPA was put into law by Clinton (thank you!) which basically says that if you had insurance previously, and change insurance, they have to cover you for pre-exsisting conditions. Well, can't get this HIPPA certificate dated 2/1/01 because fucking ACT never termed me from the insurance. This error cost them over $4000 if I am estimating their premiums correctly. Now my shitty school insurance is holding up about $2000 in claims because they want: a) proof I was a student, b) proof I didn't have other coverage, c) proof that I had coverage for this pre-exsisting condition. A will be the easy part. B and C are reliant on ACT fucking sending a fax to their insurance company, terming me as of 2/1/01. Been talking to ACT's insurance company and all they need is a cancellation form sent to them by ACT. They have sent me a HIPPA notice. I am weary of turning it into the school insurance because there is no end date. So, they will assume I had other coverage this whole time. It is not a good situation. One of my doc's who is owed about $1600 for the procedure sent me something from the shitty school insurance saying payment was pending due to ME having to send them a, b and c. I have to call them on Monday because the doc said that time is running out for this claim to be processed by the insurance, which probably means, soon enough I'll be getting a $1600 bill. Fuck.

What pisses me off is that I am in HR and this mistake is just so sloppy and should have been fixed on Wednesday when the person made the initial call. As soon as someone tells you they should have been termed 18 fucking months ago, don't you think you would jump right on it? Especially when you are still paying 100% of the premium? If anything like this EVER happened to someone in our plan, I would e-mail or fax our carrier something that day. He had technically 3 days and nothing has been done. And this mistake has cost me a lot of time and aggrevation thus far. I am not happy. Better not be on the hook for this shit or lawyers will be called. Assholes. Nothing is worse than poor customer/ex-employee service.

The fact that my bank account is suffering from $500+ car insurance payment as well as $400+ rent with a paycheck coming finally on Friday is not helping anything. I have this buffer amount of what I need to feel comfortable in the bank account. Right now I'm about $500 short of that with about $80 in checks still outstanding. I should have about $25 in the mail coming to me, and $30 for this market research study I'm doing at the end of the month. Hopefully things will be ok later this month since I'll get paid on Friday and then again only a few days after rent is due. With the holidays and everything, will probably be under the mark until at least February. Which is great considering we are getting married in August!!! I am counting on our tax returns to pay for our honeymoon. Kinda sucks when you work full-time but have so many expenses that you can't save money. And believe me, I don't even buy anything for myself, I don't eat out during the work week at all except maybe for lunch once in a while. The money is rent and bills. With winter coming, electric bill will be mega-cheap, our gas and heat is paid for as part of our rent, but I still have some presents to buy. Luckily I kicked a few out when I first started working, so I only have Mike, parents, brother and some friends to buy for. They are having a gift exchange at work in one of the department's near me. They were going to ask me to participate if I wanted to. Probably won't. Their cap is like $25. I'm not into that. Done these things before and they've all been like $10. That is a bit more reasonable. $25 is too much. The lottery sounds good right about now. Reality sucks sometimes, but hey, it could be much much worse. Gotta keep this shit in perspective. Boo on money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home