RedHeadGo's Bloggy von Blogenheimer

Feeling like a few words...

Saturday, November 02, 2002

Another week from hell. Had fun though for most of it. Halloween is probably is favorite holiday. Went trick r' treatin' til' I was 19. Yes, that includes the year that Lara and I went our freshman year of college and the time Casey, Amy and I went when I was a sophomore. Yeah, I know, too fucking old. Bullshit. Never too old. Decorated my office nice and spooky and dressed up like a punker. Had a purple wig, Black Flag shirt, safety pin necklace. Was a hoot. People were suspicious that it revealed a bit of my inner-self, damn skippy. Not a punker, but boy do I love the tunes. Some funny comments I got:

*"So who are you... Little Kim?"
*"You Kelly Osbourne?"
*"Was that the band with Glenn Danzig?"
*"You dressing up like the kids who hang out in White Marsh?"
*"Black Flag, that brings me back."

Pretty funny cuz' I usually wear very business-like attire and people really wouldn't know I had that side of me unless they got to know me pretty well. Had a good time. Also had a contest where we decorated a wrench (I work for a hand tool company). I didn't win, but had fun decorating mine. To see pics go HERE. Mike and I went CD shopping today. Were gonna go to Fells, which I REALLY didn't feel like doing, but he ended up spending $90 at Record and Tape Traders and didn't need to go. I got a Styx CD (ever since Freaks and Geeks, I have really had this Styx thing), Songs in the Key of Springfield (was freakin $2.99!) and the Forrest Gump Soundtrack (lots of good stuff). Still am searching for a Junkyard Band CD, they are this go-go band from DC. Go-go is great, love the percussion, nothing better. Wish I could find a freakin CD though.

Elections are coming up. If Bob Erlich wins we shall all be screwed. The guy is full of shit. He preaches all this moderate talk but he is so the opposite. Whenever I see stickers that say Another Democrat for Erlich I want to hurl a rock at their car. That is bullshit. They guy is anti-environment, not a champion of women's causes, gun policies or anything else I care about. He is a bumpkin who got this far by kissing a lot of tail. Have no respect for him. Only reason he has a black running mate is to get the black vote. I don't see any sincerity in it at all. Another race in our county, for another seat is between 2 people I can't stand. The Democrat running, Dutch, is a fucking douchebag. I don't know why he is a Democrat. He is so into big business and bows to them. It's pretty fucked up. Also lives near us and drives a fucking Excursion. Oh, yeah, I really believe you are for the environment and will be future thinking with renewable energy when you drive a fucking tank that gets 10 miles to the gallon! Doubtful. The Republican running is this 120 year old witchy woman who would never get my vote. How the fuck do you vote against the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), that is ridiculous. I am voting for neither. Wouldn't respect myself. Really still want to move to Canada one day. Maybe my company will acquire something up there in the near feature.

Mike and I are pretty damn upset about Jam Master Jay. Such a peaceful guy. Why would anyone want to hurt him? We both grew up in Run's heyday, both were fans of theirs. Really fucking sad. It just doesn't make sense to us at all. Another case of a wonderful human who got something that was so horribly undeserving. Makes you really angry thinking about people who just have so much love, so much energy and something takes them away from us. Something as simple as a cell mutating to someone actually causing physical harm to them. It's a lot to deal with, a lot to have to try and rationalize. Especially with the atheist thing. We don't buy the "god had another idea for them" bullshit. No comfort there, sorry. Unfortunately it makes you look at evil head on. Makes you realize how much hatred and disrespect exists in this world. So, when you ask me why we don't go out all that often, the answer lies there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home