Things are just kinda... going, which is why I haven't really updated my page. Haven't been up to much, no new wedding news. We do want to look at this place in Wheaton, but the whole sniper thing has us a bit nervous. Regardless, I will go check it out soon. I really need to have a date. That will make the stress a lot less and then I can finally start planning other stuff. My dad is doing better I think, talked to him a little bit over the weekend, he wasn't real talkative. Found out one of my former co-workers who is in hospice right now is pretty bad off. Got me real upset the other night. She was the first adult, that I knew as an adult, who talked to me as an adult who is dying. It's a bit hard to swallow. She is also a wonderful person, kind heart and loving spirit. It's very fucked up how people like that are taken by stupid diseases. And the shit thing is, when stuff like this happens and you are atheist, the only strength you can find is that in yourself. There is no god to pray to, there is no diety that will take her pain away. I ended up sobbing my head off in the shower, saying some words to Mother Nature about recycling this beautiful woman back into the earth. Although I believe in no god, I do believe in the power of the earth. And I don't see Mother Nature as some godly figure, but I do believe when we die our bodies are recycled back into the earth to sprout new life. I can only hope that the earth will take her kindly. If that makes me some weird pagan or witch or something, so be it. I firmly believe that this world will be destroyed by a natural force. Whether it be from the polar ice caps melting, or a tsunami that takes out all our coasts, the earth has a way of balancing itself and we have already gotten on her bad side over and over again. Regulation will come soon, maybe not in my lifetime, but I don't think we have that much longer on this planet, we've done too much to destroy it.
On that happy note, I'm gonna get ready for bed. Have 3 day's worth of training this week, about a 30 minute drive or so. Supposed to meet my friend Cindy for dinner tomorrow night, but I haven't heard anything from her yet. Alright, I'm outtie.
On that happy note, I'm gonna get ready for bed. Have 3 day's worth of training this week, about a 30 minute drive or so. Supposed to meet my friend Cindy for dinner tomorrow night, but I haven't heard anything from her yet. Alright, I'm outtie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home