Booourns. My stomach is not happy. I am having 2 procedures done on Monday at this hospital nearby and I think my nerves are starting to kick in. Not looking forward to the prep for this, or the fact I will be under sedation. I have extremely low blood pressure and the whole being put to sleep thing just makes me nervous. Had it done once for my wisdom teeth in 94' and I did not like feeling like I had this lapse of time missing. Guess that's part of being a control freak, need to be in control of my body, mind and heart at all times (even though it so doesn't work that that way). I don't know if I'll be sedated for the endoscopy. They basically numb up your throat and then put a tube down there to see what is going on. I am more nervous that I have damage in my esphogus than whatever the fuck is wrong with my colon. Have had so many problems in the last 2 months with my digestion and especially my esphogus (if that is even what it is). Food is not going down right and it feels sometimes like someone's fist is just lodged in my chest. Not fun. I wonder though if it could be musclar though cuz' my muscles in my neck are just terminally fucked up. I know some of them are connected down where this pain is. I guess I will know more on Monday.
It has been a frustrating problem getting there though. I probably have spent at least 25 visits in the last 7 years or so going to various doctors about my stomach problems. Being told you need more fiber and that it isn't serious enough to see a specialist was the malarky that was spoken to me for 5 of those 7 years. Even when I was in intense pain and I felt so sick that I couldn't eat, it was blamed on a spastic colon. What gets me is the docs say this yet they never ever ordered tests to actually see what was going on. I've had 3 ultrasounds in the last 2 years to see if it was an ovarian problem, that was ruled out from the films. My GI thinks that it still could be a female thing and explained that the ovaries can spill out fluid when during ovulation that can affix to the colon. It's fucking disguisting, but it could be what is going on. Again, will be checked out on Monday. Til' then I have my strongass antacid to take, which cuts back on some of the reflux, but I can only hope I don't have permanent damage thanks to these fucking doctors not sending me for tests like 6 years ago. Doctors honestly don't know everything and it is pretty sad when instead of real answers they give you bullshit. You would think they would be cautious to avoid malpractice, but I guess if you don't fit the norm for certain diseases they write you off. Lame.
Will be leaving for a day trip back home in a little while. Meeting my parents for lunch at one of our favorite vegan Chinese places in R'ville and then we are headed to the Rio to feed our duck friends (they have a beast lake there, every summer there are baby ducks and gooselings around) and then to my bro's house to replace the drum heads on Mike's old kit. Might hit up the new A&W restaurant back in C'ville tonight. Should be a good day, if my stupid stomach cooperates. Boourns.
It has been a frustrating problem getting there though. I probably have spent at least 25 visits in the last 7 years or so going to various doctors about my stomach problems. Being told you need more fiber and that it isn't serious enough to see a specialist was the malarky that was spoken to me for 5 of those 7 years. Even when I was in intense pain and I felt so sick that I couldn't eat, it was blamed on a spastic colon. What gets me is the docs say this yet they never ever ordered tests to actually see what was going on. I've had 3 ultrasounds in the last 2 years to see if it was an ovarian problem, that was ruled out from the films. My GI thinks that it still could be a female thing and explained that the ovaries can spill out fluid when during ovulation that can affix to the colon. It's fucking disguisting, but it could be what is going on. Again, will be checked out on Monday. Til' then I have my strongass antacid to take, which cuts back on some of the reflux, but I can only hope I don't have permanent damage thanks to these fucking doctors not sending me for tests like 6 years ago. Doctors honestly don't know everything and it is pretty sad when instead of real answers they give you bullshit. You would think they would be cautious to avoid malpractice, but I guess if you don't fit the norm for certain diseases they write you off. Lame.
Will be leaving for a day trip back home in a little while. Meeting my parents for lunch at one of our favorite vegan Chinese places in R'ville and then we are headed to the Rio to feed our duck friends (they have a beast lake there, every summer there are baby ducks and gooselings around) and then to my bro's house to replace the drum heads on Mike's old kit. Might hit up the new A&W restaurant back in C'ville tonight. Should be a good day, if my stupid stomach cooperates. Boourns.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home